My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

I also can't get past the "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place. " Error

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am in the process of setting up a new business and I'm stuck at the same stage so many other people have been stuck on.  I've looked at all the other threads and checked for the same error with no success.  I've also tried all the methods and procedures laid out in the help documentation, also with no success.

The address is my home address.  I am setting up a business to provide services at other addresses so I want to hide mine, but it won't let me get past this screen.

I have verified that my address, postal code, city, and everything are correct in Google Maps.  The pin is in the right location as well, but I'm still stuck in this loop.

Can anyone please help?

2 Expert replyverified_user

I also can't get past the "Enter an address and marker that specify the same place. " Error

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Alexandar

As mentioned in the other threads, this is a known problem and once we have a resolution from Google we'll let you know.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

In the meantime should I take down my listing?  I don't really want the public to have my home address but I also don't want to have to go through the verification process again.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

hi Alexander

I'm sorry I missed updating your thread yesterday - this issue should be resolved now. Are you still having problems or are you able to update the address ok?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Resolved.  Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am having this issue this morning. I have tried for over an hour to get past the "set marker location" error. Had this issue been resolved. Is there a detailed explanation of how to proceed written somewhere. Thanks, bill

Re: I also can't get past the "Enter an address and marker that specify the same pl

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Bill H

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Note: I will block this aged thread for any new replies now

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has anyone figured how to get past this? I am an hvac and mechanical contractor and I'm also stuck in the same situation.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Priya, have you heard of any resolution to this issue? I have just started my own thread on this. 

Sincerely Bill

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Bill H

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Note: I will block this aged thread for any new replies now