My Business
2.8K members online now
2.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to work with Google Maps / Google My Business and G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Where can one get help with Google My Business / Google Maps for business? I have looked and there does not appear to be a product forum for Google Local or Google My Business?  Equally, there does not appear to be a product forum for Google Plus.......  Yet there are Google product forums for defunct products (like site builder etc).
So where to post my question!!  I thought I'd try in here :-)

It seems a nightmare trying to get anything done on Google My Business in conjunction with Google Plus and Google Maps!  Google + and Google My Business have changed so much over the last few years - a lot of content / methods of changing accounts etc - are now deprecated.

Over the years, it seems I have created several G+ accounts (not by my choosing).  I think they got created automatically when e.g. signing up to YouTube, Gmail, My Business, etc....

My question is this:

I recently created a new map entry for a business location.  Google appears to have automatically (again) created an associated Google Plus account - but I already have 2 other G+ accounts for the business - there appears to be no way to merge them.  If I delete the newly created G+ page - which is linked to my newly entered G Map / Local business entry, I am concerned this will impact on my SEO.  If I delete the existing G+ pages for the business, I will lose all of my historical entries!!

Looking for some steerage here!

Thank you.

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to work with Google Maps / Google My Business and G+

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

I would like to apologize for the lack of reply to your help inquiry. The Google My Business community has recently implemented several improvements that we hope will allow the proper care of help tickets here.

If you still have an issue that needs attention, please take a moment to review our Go-To Guides. These are carefully created to cover most issues someone may face and they provide unique solutions that are easy to implement.

If you have already found a solution, can you provide an update on how you solved your issue? If you are still in need, please do let us know.

Thank you for using Google My Business (GMB) to strengthen your online presence.

Kind Regards,

James