My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to view, manage, create Albums

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello, when changing my logo photo, I notice that there are "Albums" nested inside of the select-image interface.. albums that I never created, they seem to be auto-created somehow.. they contain redundant copies of the few images that I've uploads. How do I remove, edit, manage, etc. all of these albums?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff S
January 2016

Re: How to view, manage, create Albums

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

I think I've figured it out! :) First off, this is the page for brand photo information, just for reference. 

I went through in my test brand account and put together the following for you. 

1. Add photos to your account via drop-down (they will appear in "Scrapbook Photos")

Screenshot 2016-01-25 at 2.28.06 PM.png

2. Edit the title of the album after you've added photo(s)

Screenshot 2016-01-25 at 2.28.20 PM.png

I noticed that the only time you'll be able to edit the title of the album is AS you're adding the photo, so you have to upload, then change the name while you're still in that upload screen (before you hit add!).

Let me know if that makes sense! I'll also be passing this feedback along to our product teams. 

Best,
Liz

View solution in original post

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for the question! I think that the best resource for this question would be this page on how to delete photos. I wasn't able to find anything on albums specifically, but believe that the process should be the same. Additionally, I would encourage you to look at your business page when you're not logged in to see if those albums appear live, or if they are just a skeleton model to go live if/when you opt to fill them in.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
Liz

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
I do appreciate your reply, but the question is about albums, not individual photos. I can see how to delete/edit any photo, but apparently there is no way to edit/manage/delete albums? You know, the albums that I didn't create or want in the first place, but Google decided that I should have them, and so created them automatically for me. With no way of editing/deleting said albums, unless you literally delete all of your photos.

Would be nice to have a few photos without all of the redundancy in myriad arbitrary photo albums.

Again, thanks for taking the time to reply.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
Hi Jeff,

So upon speaking with a few members of our team, I found out that these "albums" are not actually albums--they are more there to serve as guidance for business owners on what types of photos they can include on their page. Because they are just that type of guidance, you are not able to add or remove them.

Hope that helps!

Best,
Liz

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks, I appreciate the response. But they are clearly and explicitly called Albums. And there is no way to manage them. It does not matter what their intended use is, or what the developers/designers think they do. From a user's perspective, they are just what they say they are: albums. Automatically created with no way for the user to manage. Calling them "guidance" or whatever does not change the fact that the user cannot edit, organize, delete, etc. Seriously annoying and wrong for so many reasons.

Again, thanks for your response.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager
Hi Jeff,

I'm only seeing areas that say things like "photos at work," "team photos," and "additional photos." Are you seeing something different? Please feel free to send through a screenshot if you are and I would be happy to look into this further.

Thanks,
Liz

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 7
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Good idea. Here is a screenshot from the Photos screen of my Brand page:

Untitled-1.jpg

How do I manage/edit/rename/remove these automatically created albums? I only have three photos and definitely don't need a bunch of duplicate copies in arbitrary albums. I can't imagine how many redundant photos I would have with, say, 20 or more photos. Please tell us that there is a way to disable or manage these "albums".

Thanks again for your response.

Community Manager
# 8
Community Manager
Hi Jeff,

Thank you so much for the screenshot and additional information--I had missed the fact that you were referencing a brand page, so I was looking into the issue on a business account! I tested this out some in my account, and it looks like if you do not have any photos in the "album," then it won't show up on the live page. It looks like "scrapbook photos" is the default album to give you an idea of what they're meant for. I would recommend adding your own album (titled whatever is most applicable for your business), and moving the photos from "scrapbook photos" to your customized album. If you remove the photos from the standing album, in my tests, the album should not show up.

Let me know if you have further questions!

Best,
Liz

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Thank you, that sounds like a good idea, but how would I go about adding my own album, and then moving the photos as you suggest? I don't see any way of doing so.. (hence my original question, "how do I manage/edit/rename/remove these automatically created albums?").

Thank you for your help!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jeff S
January 2016

Community Manager
# 10
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

I think I've figured it out! :) First off, this is the page for brand photo information, just for reference. 

I went through in my test brand account and put together the following for you. 

1. Add photos to your account via drop-down (they will appear in "Scrapbook Photos")

Screenshot 2016-01-25 at 2.28.06 PM.png

2. Edit the title of the album after you've added photo(s)

Screenshot 2016-01-25 at 2.28.20 PM.png

I noticed that the only time you'll be able to edit the title of the album is AS you're adding the photo, so you have to upload, then change the name while you're still in that upload screen (before you hit add!).

Let me know if that makes sense! I'll also be passing this feedback along to our product teams. 

Best,
Liz