My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to stop solicitation from Google to my customers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Guests staying at my resort receive an email from Google asking them if they want to post a review. I do not want my customers solicited. It is rather creepy that Google follows them and knows they are here.

A non-guest was in the area who is a stalker and has a restraining order against him who was able to post to our Google Business account and Google will not remove it!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

you can't  stop solicitation from Google to your customers

They don't do this for your guest but all of us if we are visiting any certail business.

Re: How to stop solicitation from Google to my customers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut,
Totally unacceptable response. Google does not have my permission to randomly solicit my guests to get reviews. This is an invasion of their privacy.
How does Google track these customers at my business? Is Big Brother watching???????
How do I get this to stop? Google does not know the nature of these people, some who are NOT guests and have no bearing on MY business, as mentioned regarding the person who has a restraining order against him!
Google does not control my business, I DO!
Please respond immediately!

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

any answer sharing facts should  considered as what it was intended for: sharing facts.

Whether or not you consider facts as "unacceptable" is up to you.

I'm the messenger of the facts only ;-)

Re: How to stop solicitation from Google to my customers

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Certainly a very rude and pompous answer. You are not sharing facts all the time as many comments are just made up and you allow unstable people to contribute nonsense.
It is still not right that Google can randomly solicit from anyone they please without my consent on MY Google account.
A very sad commentary on Google’s service.
No need to reply. You are of no help and your demeanor is offensive.