My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to stop Google removing my business from Google Maps?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

A few days ago I  posted a question asking how to get google to amend the blurb they had displayed in google maps - I  do b&b from www.thorntonlodgenorthyorkshire.co.uk which is in a tourism hotspot and they had the house listed as an hotel. After 10 emails and 2 phone calls they have decided that their solution is to remove my property from google maps as it doesn't meet their guidelines for places they want to display, the only thing is there are dozens of other b&b's listed on google maps in my area. How do you get any sense from these people? It has been really, really frustrating dealing with them so far and this last email has really got me down. I'm wondering if their decision to remove me is down to a language barrier as the people I've spoken to are not British and perhaps don't know what a b&b is? They asked some really strange questions about what I  offered to people who stayed at the house! How can I  get to speak to a team that understands my country's culture and that they are wrong to remove my b&b?

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to stop Google removing my business from Google Maps?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Thornton L

The best thing to do would be to file an appeal to our team to request that your listing be reinstated. This will connect you directly with the team who can lift your suspension. file an appeal: https://support.google.com/business/troubleshooter/2690129?p=reinstatement_request&rd=1