My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to stop Google from changing hours of operation

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
We have an interior store within a business. The interior store provides full service. The building provides access times that a little longer than the full service is offered. We want our interior store times listed as hour hours on Google. I've entered those hours on Google. However, these hours are often being updated to reflect the hours the building is open. Again, the building is open longer than full service is in operation, and the listing keeps being changed to the building access. It's frustrating having to continuously manually re-update the hours listed in Google back to the appropriate hours of the internal store. Is there a way to either lock out the revisions, or an easy way to revert those hours back to the correct times? Thanks in advance, Jack
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to stop Google from changing hours of operation

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
for me its that frustrating getting bothered by users asking for help
regarding a business listing and NOT providing enough information to
inveestigate!

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ or GoogleMyBusiness URL

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your patience, Helmut. I was trying to keep this a generic request to be helpful to all, rather than unique to our situation, as I did search the forum before asking the question.

This is in regards to 3 post offices. We have a Service Lobby, which is where you deal face to face with staff members. Like most post offices, we have a Box Lobby, which is where there is no staff, but has hours that are longer than our Service Lobby.

The Twin Lakes Post Office is the one that the hours keep being changed on:

G+: https://plus.google.com/b/102769093338476112045/102769093338476112045/about

USPS: https://tools.usps.com/go/POLocatorDetailsAction!input.action?locationTypeQ=po&address=98023&radius=...

The other two offices doesn't have the changing hours issue so far, so the above info would apply to both.

You'll find our official information at the USPS url's. I maintain the USPS Facilities Database for our 3 offices, which in turn, feeds into the official usps.com website.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jack H

you see me pretty confused.

You wrote "This is in regards to 3 post offices"

You then provided a link to ONE GoogleMyBusiness link for the "Twin Lakes Post Office"

and one mor link not to GMB listing but to a ups page showing infos for the same address as the "Twin Lakes Post Office"

But I can't seem finding any GoogleMyBusiness listing for this UPS store at this address

I also see a UPS listing (a verified GMB listing though) at an nearby address "1911 Southwest Campus Drive, Federal Way, WA "

Can tell me about what other two GMB listings beside of the "Twin Lakes Post Office" you are talking (linking its GMB listings)

Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is in regards to just the Twin Lakes Post Office. So I'm just asking specifically about Twin Lakes PO.

I maintain the listings for other post offices. I can tell I muddied the waters by adding too much information.

That said, it's USPS, not UPS. They are the brown guys, we're the blue guys. :) 1911 SW Campus is a block over. We're 1815 SW Campus.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

ok @Jack H beliving I got it.

wich specific opening hours listed on th USPS site as per screenshot-tools.usps.com 2016-11-20 12-37-07.png

did you specified in your dashboard but getting them continuesly changed to weird other times.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The hours a person is available to help customers face to face is called our Retail Hours. This is the time that keeps getting changed to the hours the building is open, which is the Lobby Hours. The Retail Hours are the hours best suit the criteria of when we're open for business, meaning all transactions.

As a side note: PO Boxes are in the general Lobby, which is why they have the same hours. Carrier Facility Hours are hours that someone is supposed to be available to answer questions on the phone about delivery issues. Global Express Guaranteed Hours, refer to the time window that Global Expresses can be sold, which is a Retail function, hence their hours match the Retail Hours.

You can see both lobbies in our photos at https://plus.google.com/b/102769093338476112045/photos/at/102769093338476112045?pageId=1027690933384...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Ok @Jack H

I understood now you  are (and always were) specifying in oyur dashboard the business hours as the mentioned "Retail hours"

Mon - Fri  9:00 AM - 5:00 PM 

and Sat    9:00 AM - 1:00 PM 

But somebody else (or Google - but not sure they did or do this) is permanently changing it to 

Mon-Sat 7:00am-7:00pm which would be indeed weird.

Is this summarizing correct?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Everything there is correct, except the change isn't permanent. It becomes an "edited" item that needs approved. However, there's no single "No, that's not correct. The original hours were correct." button, per se. You have to go back through and manually reset the hours, each field, one day at a time.

It seems to happen about once per week. We put in an explanation in our G+ page, but I presume this is happening without the G+ page being looked at.

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Ok @Jack H

will escalate your issue to me Communication Manager - please take in account the Thanksgiving holidays.

Hence not sure how fast we get any answer.

for my own reference only:

Google is changing frequently opening hours for a post office