My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove street view picture from my google business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I had a few street view photospheres of my lobby transferred to my business account but they are now out of date. I had a new virtual tour made but after they were transferred to my business they too do not show up anywhere but on Maps. How do I remove the old one and control the new ones?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Depends on how and when they were added.  First, check your maps account at https://www.google.com/maps/contrib/ 

Second spot to look (most probable) is in https://photos.google.com/albums - check your "Geo Photos" album.   Deleting a photosphere or photo from this folder will remove them.

Re: How to remove street view picture from my google business listing

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The pictures where added right after chirstmas by a google trusted photographer using the street view app.

The contrib link shows my account but no pictures and there is not an option to be the company on maps.(in the account drop down).

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 6.46.31 PM.png

The second option shows one picture, my logo. No albums or other images, not even the pictures I have added in the photo tab of "My Business".

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 6.49.07 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-29 at 6.34.01 PM.png

I found that in the street view app you can share a link to a user's contributions and followed the link for my company, I can see all the pictures now but I am not able to do any thing with them; there is still no option to be on maps as the company.

Screen Shot 2017-01-29 at 6.51.51 PM.png

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

You need to access these photos via the Fresh Life Billings GMB account - your personal account is still logged in based on the icon in the upper right.  You can also access the Fresh Life Billings Google Photos account via the GMB account.  You should also verify with the Google Trusted Photographer that there are not any in their account.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

The Fresh Life Church photos. 

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.40.14 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.54.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2017-01-30 at 5.54.24 PM.png

In the GMB page I have more images, but still none of the lobby (the picture I need to removed) or any of the new ones we bought.  I verified the images where successfully transferred.

Rising Star
# 6
Rising Star

How did you verify the images were successfully transferred?  I am reviewing you photos via Google Maps and there appears to be a lot of photospheres owned by this Jonathan Eyestone account taken on multiple days.  The owner of that account needs to go into that account's Photos account, not the GMB page. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am Jonathan Eyestone. Two images where transferred to the Fresh Life Church account, one I want to delete and the other is fine. I haven't transferred the new ones yet because I don't want to lose control of them.

Rising Star
# 8
Rising Star

While in the Fresh Life account, click on the icon and go to Photos.  The photos should be in in a folder.

If not, the folks over at https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/photos can probably help if you need additional assistance.

Moments From The Heart Photography   Dashboard.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've been going in circles for months now. I have tried all the solutions you gave me and still, I have no way to control the image I transferred. I have reported it dozens of time and it is still there. Who can I contact to get control of my images?

Rising Star
# 10
Rising Star

It is important to remember that the moment you upload an image to Google, you essentially lose control of them.  When you upload an image, according to Google's terms and conditions, you grant them a perpetual worldwide license to use those images without any further permissions from you (https://www.google.com/policies/terms/#toc-content).

That said, as the photographer you could make a copyright claim.  I personally know this step has worked in the past with photospheres done under work-for-hire.  I would like to point out the very important fine print on this Google form: "Accordingly, if you are not sure whether material available online infringes your copyright, we suggest that you first contact an attorney."  This is excellent advice from Google.

You can make a copyright claim at https://support.google.com/legal/contact/lr_dmca?dmca=images&product=maps