My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove old business location and deal with incorrect search results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Can someone please help as I have been going around in  a circle now for over 12 months trying to delete business listing for my business that has been listed for 3 years in the wrong place.

The business name is Ethix Management

My business is located here

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Ethix+Management/@51.4165536,-0.3813508,15.71z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x4...

The business is also here which was my old home address not the business address.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ethix+Management/@51.5438934,-0.1985642,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m...

I have an account for the first address which is verified and I need to delete the second address from google so it does not show up as the current owners are getting people going to their home address.

I have tried to change the details on the second address which I was asked to verify which I did with a code but now I'm told that someone else has already verified this business and I must either request ownership or add as a manager. This has been going around in a circle for over a year. So can someone please help? There seems no way of contacting a human being anymore as every link from here seems to take me to helpful  tips which really are not. There is no obvious way to contact support as each link simply takes you back to (UN)helpful tips.

This is an example  

Closed or moved business

"Follow these steps to mark a business as closed or moved without deleting your account."

All this link does is tell you how to permanently close the business at this address not move it.

I have seen lots of links saying contact support on this 

https://support.google.com/business

yet all this appears to do is take you back to the helpful tips page and now way to contact anyone to help resolve this.

Any useful help would be really well received and happy to supply more detail.

Thanks

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove old business location and deal with incorrect search results

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul J

Luckily the home address on is not claimed, so this should be fairly straight forward.

Contact Business Support >> https://support.google.com/business/contactflow

Ask them to Mark the incorrect business page >> https://goo.gl/maps/37n5LaAyXdQ2

As MOVED to the Verified business page >> https://goo.gl/maps/YnqKHrkQuNs

Tim Capper
Google My Business Top Contributor (UK) and SEO consultant at Online Ownership

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@Paul J

at first few preliminary remarks:

1#  I can't remenber having seen here a previous post of you wher you explained your issue providing the necassary details to understand your problem.

This thread is the first one

2# this forum isn't staffed by algos or bots but we all here are experience human beings - btw voluntaring helpers.

3# I very well know how to solve your issue and am willing to explain you how and guiding the correct path.

Question: 

are you willing cooperatively following my advicses (or other TopContributors here) or do you prefer to whine about (un)helpful responses in threads where you did not posted your problem and missed providing your details?

Its up to you

Awaiting your kindly response

follow exactly my helpfull advicen

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Tim Capper

luckily the matter became much easier to fix meanwhile.

Take a look to this MapMaker link and you will understand why.

It remains now just to redirect the closed location to the actual location of oyr friend here.

I'm sure  @ElizabethP will do this on our request asap

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Helmut,

Thanks for the response and I never said I had posted here previous and I was not whining about this forum. I don't remember saying hat anywhere in my post. I had been trying to contact GOOGLE about getting some help and had numerous verification codes and unhelpful generic tips (which is what I said)

The post was my first time and was expressing my exasperation with the problem and was looking for some help from the forum not to receive a sarcastic response. But thank you for your reply and I believe I have the answer now from you. As a point it might be more appropriate to maybe, have an understanding of someones situation before flying off in directions that might not be as accurate as you first percieve and suggest they were merely whinging.

I appreciate greatly the fact people help on blogs and its a a pleasure to get valuable advice from real life people and without this help I would be even more frustrated. So thank you again

Regards

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Ok @Paul J & @Tim Capper

Now the last step is making the closed old location (it was me being surprisingly able to close it from my German end) redirecting to the new and verified location - your actual listing.

I will arrange it - pinging    @ElizabethP

Please Paul, be patient for couple of hours until she did as requested.

For Liz:

This https://www.google.co.uk/maps?cid=16620821818674295847 is the old and closed listing.

And this one is the new and verified listing:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps?cid=7407538301900757277

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

Just wanted to say a big thank you for all help and the listing is now correct.

Very much appreciated

Paul

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
our pleasure

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Helmut,

I wonder if you can help. Maybe it's an advantage you are also based in Germany like myself.
We have an online business which is advertised via a Google business page. The problem is it is 100% online, and people (quite rightly) think we have a shop at the location address we specify (which we do not). It is causing various issues.

I would like to delete our Google business location (and also remove the business listing from Google search results when people search for our website). Is there any way to do this? I do not want a big red message saying "business is now closed" as that is not true. I just want to remove the listing from Google and not confuse our customers anymore. Your advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance
D

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@David N

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This  is our top level English Community or this is our German top level Community (I'm participating both as TC) --

from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

See you later on either Community