My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove old business from Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Around 4 years ago I closed my business I was running under a partnership, and registered a new business under a new company, but trade from the same address.

I have requested numerous times for Google to remove the old listing, however it is still there on Google Maps. The business was called 'Devision Design', at the address shown below.

As a result, I am unable to list the new business, and as the old listing is showing as the business is permanently closed, and Google will not remove it after 4 years of trying, it is greatly affecting my business.

I am wondering how I can contact a real person that can assist in providing a solution to what I consider such a simple issue to fix.  I have tried Google Support numerous times, but they just tell me that I cannot add the new business due to 'spammy behaviour', though they won't elaborate, and will not respond regarding removing the closed business. 

The details of the correct, registered business are:

Smartfish Creative 
127 Grand Parade, Parrearra
(61) 07 54932001 
https://www.google.com/maps/place/Devision/@-26.7042225,153.1161541,16.22z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6b939e0...

I appreciate any help that can be provided.