My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove activity even it is still active

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I had a business account with related place on Google Maps.

The activity is still running (I mean I didn't close it) but I don't want to show it anymore on Google Maps. This is because I have no more a "phisical" place where customers can reach me, but I have only online services.

When I remove my businnes page I read the notice about the place might still visible on Maps.

I kindly ask how to remove it. I guess I need to send an explicit request to the staff, because it's not handled by the system automatically.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Marco T
June 2016

Re: How to remove activity even it is still active

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hey @Marco T

there is infact no option to get a business removed from Googles datarepository.

Note 

Google doesn't show businesses submitted through GoogleMyBusiness only but only based on informations of third party websites or any other directories.

Its an algo driven process.

The only "technical" option you have is reporting a business via GMaps as "closed"   and selecting one of the below options:

screencapture (40).png

But reporting it as such it will go into Google moderation and in case there are enough other signals the business still exists it will not get removed.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your answer. Just a further clarification: what does the "private" option mean? I think it would be the best selection in my case because it actually became a "private" place, no more opened to the public. But I'm unsure if the meaning is right here.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
"Private" means this is a private place and not at all a bsuiness (never been)
It sometimes happened that algos gather from directories a name and an address creating a kind of "business" - but in case the named person never was running a business we can report the place as private.

Google will check this against other signals being correct or not then.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks.
Thus it not applies 100% to my case.... it seems there is no option which fits to my needs!