My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello @MargaretO

I see you looked over Renee's question and I was hoping you could help me out as well!

I was given a 1 star review by someone who has never interacted with my business and was wondering if it can be removed!

Business Name: Mark Motors Porsche

Google URL: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Mark+Motors+Porsche/@45.4427427,-75.6428144,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0...

It is the most recent review that I have the issue with.

Thank you!
Dana 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Dana M

I've separated off your post to a new thread, as the other person doesn't need to see the details of your situation, and your situation is not the same.

Google will only remove reviews if the text of the review is in violation of the guidelines. There is nothing in this review I can see that would do so.

Your best options would be to:
1) contact the reviewer and work to a solution and then ask them to revise or remove their review.
2) if that's not possible, respond to the review being careful not to say the reviewer is not telling the truth (think how readers might interpret that), but put your side of the story forward.
3) work to getting more reviews. Over time and given its age, that review will likely get pushed down and the better reviews will be what people read most.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO

Thank you for taking the time to get back to me!

How would I go about contacting the reviewer? Is there a way to send them a message directly or is it only by replying to the review?

Thank you,
Dana McLeod

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi Dana

Google doesn't provide a channel for businesses and reviewers to contact each other.  Sometimes looking a profiles of reviewers gives clues to who they are, sometimes not. 

In this instance, clues are scarce as the person has left only one review on Google.  If the name doesn't tell you enough, then choose from the other options.

If you choose to respond, you could include a request for the reviewer to contact you since a person by that name is not on your books.
If they do not do so, then you can put a follow up comment on your reply saying so.  Helps put readers at ease if they see a business trying to set things right.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Margaret,

Thank you very much! You have been helpful!!

Thanks,
Dana