My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I'm having a problem with the rating. Someone gave my business a 2 star rating (not a past customer). Many actual customers then gave 5 star ratings but when they or I google my business the overall rating is still stuck at 2 stars. Any ideas on how to change this? How do I contact the person that gave the bad rating to ask them to change it.

Business name is A & A Xpressionz

Business location is #5 2nd Avenue North Friendship Drive, Friendship Terrace BB12002, Barbados
Phone Number is 246-269-8400
1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Renee A
May

Re: How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Renee A

I've separated off your post to a new thread, as the other person doesn't need to see the details of your situation.

I can see what you're talking about and it will need to be looked at by Google.

I would like to caution you though about the sudden rush of 5 star reviews. It looks incredibly unnatural and altogether designed to manipulate your rating.  That may be why Google has kept the brakes on adjusting the review score.

Ongoing, it will be important to continue to encourage reviews of all kinds on a regular basis.

Will escalate this to Google nevertheless.  

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Re: How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi MargaretO. Thank you for your help. I didn't alert any of my customers that my company was on Google when I signed up. I was just happy to be there. I was horrified when I saw that bad rating from an unknown person though and sent out a request to actual customers for their honest ratings. The response has been good and for better or worse I believe more high ratings will be coming in. My customers are usually vey happy with the service and products they receive so it is unlikely that they will give bad ratings... Most of my new business is a result of referrals from past customers.

MargaretO wrote:

Hi @Renee A

I would like to caution you though about the sudden rush of 5 star reviews. It looks incredibly unnatural and altogether designed to manipulate your rating.  That may be why Google has kept the brakes on adjusting the review score.

Let's hope Google doesn't see that as a bad thing.

How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO

Thank you so much for your assistance. Google has updated my ranking. Furthermore, the unknown person who gave the original bad review has updated it to 5 stars. This situation could not have been fixed without your help.