AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have already flagged the review that we have on Google reviews a few times. The review is completely untrue and I am really getting tired of seeing because it's the only review people see. Can someone please help and remove the review? 

Business name is Mustang Electric, Inc. 

Business location is 2505 N 24th St. Omaha, NE 68110 
Phone Number is 402-991-6069
1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamilla C
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jamilla C

Google will only remove reviews if they are in violation of the guidelines.  There is nothing in this review I can see that would do so.  

Your best options would be to:

1) contact the reviewer and work to a solution and then ask them to revise or remove their review.

2) if that's not possible, respond to the review being careful not to say the reviewer is not telling the truth (think how readers might interpret that), but put your side of the story forward.

3) work to getting more reviews.  Over time and given its age, that review will likely get pushed down and the better reviews will be what people read most.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jamilla C
May 2017

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jamilla C

Google will only remove reviews if they are in violation of the guidelines.  There is nothing in this review I can see that would do so.  

Your best options would be to:

1) contact the reviewer and work to a solution and then ask them to revise or remove their review.

2) if that's not possible, respond to the review being careful not to say the reviewer is not telling the truth (think how readers might interpret that), but put your side of the story forward.

3) work to getting more reviews.  Over time and given its age, that review will likely get pushed down and the better reviews will be what people read most.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Will google review reviews that are irrelevant to my business? I received a 1 star review from someone who has never interacted with my business and would like it removed.

Thank you,

Dana

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi. I have a similar problem. How do I contact the reviewer. The person is not a past customer so I don't know them personally.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

This is NOT helpful. I have a 1 star review from someone who is obviously writing a review for an entirely different business (in a completely different business sector).  Yet Google will allow this a 1 star rating to be factored into my ratings?  This is not right Google.

Re: How to remove a review that I have already flagged

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Dana M
Apologies for the delay in responding. I didn't receive notice of your question and have only just spotted it now.

In answer, if the review is clearly meant for another business, then you may be able to get it removed. Those cases are rare, unfortunately.

Google does not require reviewers to use their real-world name when writing a review. So cross referencing the name on the review to your customer records is not evidence of a false review.

I can have a look at the review in question and if I see something that violates the guidelines, can escalate to Google for the final ruling.

Post a link to your review in this thread and I'll have a look for you.  Tag me in the post when you do.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Renee A

Google does not require reviewers to use their real-world name when writing a review. So cross referencing the name on the review to your customer records is unfortunately not evidence of a false review.

That said, I'm happy to have a quick look at the review & reviewer. If I can see something suspicious, am happy to escalate to Google for you.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Lisa L

If you'd be kind enough to post a link to the review in question, I can investigate and give you an idea of whether Google might remove it.

Please tag me in the post when you do.

Find me on · · my blog