My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to really nuke a listing - It's still showing on Maps and in Google

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My Google places/maps/business listing had a fake negative review on it, that calls me out by name and makes various negative comments about me, and calls me a few names. Shockingly [sic] google will not remove it and only sends back canned responses.

I attempted to completely remove the listing from google. It is useless having it in the first place, and now serves no purpose but to have someone claiming what a horrible person I am, at my parents (and my former mailing/business) address.

So, with all that said, the listing still exists. It now shows up as not "claimed" and "disabled" in the My Business interface, due to missing information. It still shows up on google and google maps, with the negative review, and my response no longer showing.

How can I fully remove this listing from google? Or, can I not because, well, its google?

TIA

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Alan C

"How can I fully remove this listing from google? Or, can I not because, well, its google?"

Yes, that's the case. If your business is still open and viable Google won't let you delete it.  If it's listed other places, Google wants to show a record of it too, for maps accuracy.  Deleting from your account, as you've seen, only results in you losing control of the listing.

Have you replied to the review?  Carefully craft the reply and run it by a couple people to make sure you come off sounding high integrity and concerned, not defensive. Your reply can go a long way in showing potential customers that see it, what type of business you really run and what type of man you really are!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Linda Buquet

The business does not still exist at that address.

"Have you replied to the review?"

As I said in the original post: "It still shows up on google and google maps, with the negative review, and my response no longer showing."

I cannot respond to the review again, due to the other information in the original post.