My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to hide (not delete) a Business entry?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi

Is there a way to hide Business entries, direct or indirect*?

I don't want to delete them: don't know if I need them later again and it always needs it's time to publish them new.

*) I'd provoke even a "wanted error" if it pushes an entry to Status "disabled" until I correct it.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to hide (not delete) a Business entry?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Holger

Why would you want to 'hide' a business listing? If a business is not operating for a period of time (such as renovations) then simply use the special hours feature to mark them closed for that period.

Is there another reason for wanting to 'hide' a listing?

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for your reply.
I want to get rid of them from search results for a special time periode. The businesses itself are still running - only the entries shouldn't appear, after I have 3 entries which appear when I search my name.
So no "hide"/"disabled"/"in maintenance"/... status availiable yet?
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Holger A
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Indeed
there is no "hide"/"disabled"/"in maintenance"/... status availiable yet.
Please use the feedback option of GoogleMyBusiness to post it as a feature
request.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
What a pity
Send it as feedback. If others do we'll have this function soon I hope.
Are a bit curious that it's not available yet.
Thanks for help anyway

How to hide (not delete) a Business entry?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Personally, I would like to hide my page for the moment because I am self-employed person who offers service at the clients' locations, and I have just topped out the number of clients I can serve at this time.  I don't want to worry about fielding prospective client inquiries that I can't fulfill.  Plus, I haven't had time to add the kind of content that would make my page vibrant--but the reason I haven't had time is that I'm too busy doing something even better--working!  However, if there should come a point in the future that I might want to acquire another new client or two, I'd like to be able to unhide my page again rather than make a new one all over from scratch. 

Besides, what about the time period in which a person is just beginning to put their page's content together?  It's embarrassing to have one's page visible to the entire world during the "construction" period.  Facebook has an "unpublish" feature for its business pages.  It just seems to make sense.