AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to hide my home address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I run a mobile business, based from my home. I just requested a verification be sent to me through the mail. Will I be able to hide my home address once I verify? The only other address I have for the business is a PO Box.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to hide my home address

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi PowerGreen,

You should actually set up your business as a service area using your home address and hide the address since you service customers at their location. Using a PO box is against Google's policy and could put your listings into suspension.
Here is a link to Google's help section for setting up service area businesses properly - https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en
Please also note, that setting up a large service area doesn't give you any advantage in search results, so setup a service area that reflects the area you really service.

Best regards,
Meghan

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

@PowerGreen S

your best approach is defining a service area for your business and unselect " I serve customers at my business address.

Its pretty good explained in this HC article

Doing so your correct physical address will hidden to the public.

How to hide my home address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I've gone through the registration for my business as a service for a specific area (which is different to my home).  Now that the listing is live, I do see that business comes up for the area I'm serving, and whilst my full home address is not shown in the listing details, it does state my home town in the listing details.  This is both confusing for prospective customers, but also, I do not want to reveal publicly the town I live in.

Is there a way to completely remove the home / registered address town from the google listing?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@David P

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will close this very old thread for new replies now