My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to handle two locations on the map, but as one company for reviews and branding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We are trying to get the map to show both of our locations, so that people needing support go to our support location and people meeting at our corporate office can find us too. In trying to follow the Google My Business directions, we ended up with 2 Google My Business pages that show up separately. People needing support were searching for our company name only and then end up mistakingly driving to the far side of town (corp) only to be sent back to the more conveniently located support office. We have altered our description to more clearly indicate the support location is at 215 Stanton, but now it does not show our corporate location properly on the map (which we left for now, so that at least support seeking customers were not so inconvenienced). 

Also, we now have two locations for reviews which is problematic for reputation management and for our overall company branding. Is there any way to have one page to manage but show the corporate location and support location on the map properly.

I'm wondering if we need to remove the Google My Business pages and do a Brand page instead? And if so, how that impacts managing review responses.

1. Full business name: ICS Advanced Technologies 
2. Current business address: Corporate Office: 235 Alexander Ave, Ames, IA 50010, AND Support Location: 215 Stanton Ave, Ames, IA 50014

3. Current telephone number: Corporate Office: 515-232-4453, Support Office: 515-268-4000
4. Google+ URL: Corporate Office: https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/105664837967594202235/+ICSAdvancedTechnologiesAmes?hl=en

Support Office: https://plus.google.com/u/1/b/105664837967594202235/105664837967594202235?hl=en

Thank you

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to handle two locations on the map, but as one company for reviews and branding

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Noelle F

>>"we now have two locations for reviews which is problematic for reputation management and for our overall company branding. Is there any way to have one page to manage, but show the corporate location and support location on the map properly.

I don't think so. Google wants all locations to be listed separately.

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your response. That's all I've found too. Makes sense for things like chain restaurants, not so much in this case. Hopefully I can at least find some way to clear up the map problem to better show both locations under a search. We have it very clearly indicated on our website, but usually people go to Google first.

Re: How to handle two locations on the map, but as one company for reviews and branding

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey ! We have a chain of restaurants in Abu Dhabi - when we search Burger28 we want both locations to pop up in the search menu showing each location on the map - how do we go about doing this?