4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

How to get a "leave a review' link for a business with no physical storefront et cetera

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have never encountered anything quite so unintuitive, nor been given so much contradictory guidance. 

"* Google+ brand pages are used by organizations, brands, and artists that don’t have a physical location or storefront.
* Google My Business listings are used by local businesses with a physical storefront (or that serve customers at their location). Only listings are eligible to appear on Google Maps."

• Crap. My business is web-based and I don't have a physical storefront. So I delete the My Business entry and concentrate on a Brand Account and a new Google+ page for the business. Mmm... this doesn't seem fair: I can have G+ buttons and 'follow' all over my website but the main object of the exercise was to get reviews.
  • So I dig around a bit more and find that there's something called a Service Area Business for businesses that don't have a physical storefront. So I set one of those up, carefully checking the box that says something like "I don't have a physical storefront and deliver to my customers". Ah... I have to specify the area that I deliver to: well, I'm hoping to sell my (virtual) product worldwide so that's half the circumference of the earth, which is around 20,000 killometres.... oh, the maximum is 999km. Also, that page has picked up all the data from my previous, deleted, entry; so it says that it's published on both search and maps. 

So now I'm back to where I was six hours ago, with two different Brand Accounts, and a My Business entry that has no physical presence on Google Maps, but shows up in Google Search with a big exclamation mark on it. Everything I've read so far indicates that somebody who is constantly changing accounts and information and has more than one account is probably a spammer and will get dropped by Google. So I'm presumably stuffed. All I want is my business in Google Search and a button for my website saying "please leave a Google review".

1. LDnH Learning and Development
2. Current business address - probably best not to put this in a public forum
3. Current telephone number - probably best not to put this in a public forum
4. Google Maps URL - I think the whole point is that I don't have one and shouldn't have one because I don't have a physical storefront
5. Website (if applicable) - https://www.ldnh.co.uk/off-the-shelf-e-learning

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to get a "leave a review' link for a business with no physical storefront et cetera

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Neil H

supposed you are talking about this crappy listing https://goo.gl/maps/f2AoesAsBUN2 (on your request I'm [prepared to tell you publically why the listing is to consider as crap) I can help you about a link to gather reviews for it.

Just read my answer given to another user in this thread and click the links provided by me over there.

In the unlikely case you are not talking about  https://goo.gl/maps/f2AoesAsBUN2 please provide me any better GMaps link to your listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for your interest, Helmut: I've completed the form. I see you often help out numpties like me; you must have the patience of a saint.

Yes, please: any pointers as to how to make the listing less crappy would be very welcome. Publicly is fine as it may help other small businesses who can't afford to hire pro developers.

In particular:

- Why are they showing it on the map when (second time around) I told them I don't have a physical storefront?

- The exclamation marks are missing photos from the first attempt and I don't seem to be able to change these.

Many thanks.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I responded you to your email as specified in my form - providing you the Place ID and a reviewing link.

Please confirm here it works as intended for you too.

Regarding the "crappyness" of your listing:

It's the huge service area covering not only the brexit country but many parts of Europe,

Such huge service area is of no benefit for your ranking - the ranking goes to zero in fact.

We know from experience Google will not rank business with a service area of much more as 35 miles or 50 km.

so please consider editing your listing to improve your ranking

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@Kyaw Thura M 

your post is  off topic the thread here - will archived by a moderator

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Great, thanks. Worked for me.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks, I'll reduce the radius. But then presumably it ranks at zero for anybody outside the area (eg Australia)? Maybe this kind of listing isn't they type I should have? But then I'm left with just Google+, which doesn't allow for reviews. And why is it showing on the map anyway when told them I don't have a storefront?

Experts in the Topic
Helmut Geissler