My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get a link to give to clients to write a review?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello friends,

I am a budding Photographer, I earned some clients who were satisfied with my service and they are ready to give reviews. I dont know how could I get a review which could be shown in all my social networking platforms with a single review entry from my customer side. If that not possible How do I get a link to give to clients to write a review in google with a single click?

Please help me.

NOTE: three threads on the same subject have been merged here, into the oldest of the three. In the future, as a courtesy to other forum members, we'd ask that you please post a question or comment one time only.

4 Expert replyverified_user

How to get a link to give to clients to write a review???

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello friends,

I am a budding Photographer, I earned some clients who were satisfied with my service and they are ready to give reviews. I dont know how could I get a review which could be shown in all my social networking platforms with a single review entry from my customer side. If that not possible How do I get a link to give to clients to write a review in google with a single click?

Please help me.

NOTE: three threads on the same subject have been merged here, into the oldest of the three. In the future, as a courtesy to other forum members, we'd ask that you please post a question or comment one time only.

How to get a link to give to clients to write a review?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello friends,

Please help me.

Re: How to get a link to give to clients to write a review???

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Prasobh A,

Congratulations on having clients wanting to review your services. 

There is no way for someone to make one review and have it post to all of your social media pages, google, etc. Further, you would not want this, as that is not the purpose of a review. You want a diverse set of reviews on a diverse set of online properties... all with one review per person/client. 

So, have one leave one on Google... then another leave one on Facebook... then another leave one on BBB... and on and on you go. Remember that quality content is unique and not duplicate content, which is why you want reviews done properly. Keep in mind that when many reviews show up at once out of nowhere... they are often removed since the pattern is not natural. You want a slow, steady stream of reviews from real customers written by them, submitted by them and on the platform (website) of their choice. If you have a website, add a Review Us page that lists all of the places someone can review you... and put a button on all of your webpages that links to your Review Us page. Then make social media posts that say "You can find many easy places to review us here" and link to your Review Us page.

You can find your Google Review link by searching for yourself on Google. When it shows up in the right hand side bar (Google Knowledge Panel), click the leave a review and copy and keep the address. You can use this Google Help File for more help. 

Aside from the info I have provided, there are endless third-party review companies that can offer various products & services, but that is something that costs money and has different uses & limitations. I do not recommend any so you would need to search those on your own. I have provided the best way to handle reviews that costs nothing to maintain. 

I hope this helps. Please let us know how things go.

Kind Regards,

James

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
I would say concentrate on Google reviews as they help your local listing (Google My Business page_ to rank better in search results.

Also, please only post your question to one category within the forums.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Prasobh A,

Yes, you have created 3-4 or more posts of the same thing in multiple areas. Please go and delete all but this one so we can best help you. 

Personally, I still suggest you use as many platforms as possible to have a diverse set of reviews. They all help you with SEO and credibility online. Google actually looks for reviews across these other platforms... not just on Google. Diversity is best.  

Kind Regards,

James

Re: How to get a link to give to clients to write a review?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor
perhaps I can provide you a link to share with your customers.
But this needs including the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. Google+ URL

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor
I would add the caveat that not all directories are created equal. Google search knows this too and listing on bad or spammy directories can actually reduce your position in search results. If you are starting out concentrate on the most important ones. To me these are Google My Business, Bing Places For Business, Apple Maps, Superpages and maybe Yelp and Foursquare.

Of course there are many directories that are specific to n industry so those can be used as well as is pertinent.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Absolutely, having any listing, much less a review, on a bad property is plain ol' bad.

Google, Facebook and BBB and not bad properties and should be used for reviews and carry weight.

Kind Regards,

James

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Prasobh A
August 2016

Re: How to get a link to give to clients to write a review?

Google Small Business Advisor
# 10
Google Small Business Advisor
Hi there, Prasobh!

I'm a Google Small Business Advisor here in the Google Small Business Community, here to help as best as I can. Pleased to meet you, and congratulations on getting your clients excited to leave reviews!

While there's no exact way to have one single review show in all platforms, you can syndicate those reviews by manually posting them, subject to each networks' terms of service.

That said, you can get a link to give to clients to post a Google My Business review, which was well-detailed in this blog post (no relationship to the blogger/company, which is why I used it): https://www.webworksofkc.com/blog/get-more-google-business-reviews-by-giving-customers-a-direct-link....

I hope that helps!

Best,

Ray Sidney-Smith