My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get Google search to show the new up to date business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google has listed my business incorrectly since the beginning. It automatically updates the "Plaza" part of my address to "Street" (there is a Plaza and a Street in town)
I have updated the info to Plaza and verified in "Google my business" but searches and the Google my business "home" page shows the old "street" version of the address.
How do I get the updated "Plaza" version of my address to populate in google searches? I have attached images that illustrates the correct "plaza" address and the incorrect "Street" version.
I have successfully changed the google map marker to the correct "PLAZA" address and not the "Street" address located a ways away.

Business: Bending Bodhi Yoga LLC
Address: 10 Franklin Plaza Dover, NH
Google map:
 https://www.google.com/maps/place/Bending+Bodhi+Yoga+LLC/@43.1997906,-70.8740177,16.43z/data=!4m5!3m...
Any help would be great!
Thanks!

-Chris

bb-info.jpgcorrect addressbb-home.jpgincorrect addressbb-gmb.jpgcorrect addressbb-google-search.jpgincorrect address

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author xxxsinjunxxx
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Krystal!
Will do! It does seem that google maps is a bit confused with the address being a plaza (building) and there being a street with the same name just a few blocks away. I'll try google support and see if we can clear this up.
Thanks again!

View solution in original post

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

Hi Chris!

It looks like there is some confusion on Google maps with the address of this specific area. I did run the address you provided, 10 Franklin Plaza, through USPS and this is correct despite Google not recognizing it. 

Please reach out to Google Support by clicking on the '3 horizontal line' menu in the top left corner of your Google My Business accoun. Provide them with the same details I just provided you, showing this is address is validated by USPS & they should help you update across the board. 

I hope this helps!

K

Krystal Taing
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how to here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author xxxsinjunxxx
May 2017

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Krystal!
Will do! It does seem that google maps is a bit confused with the address being a plaza (building) and there being a street with the same name just a few blocks away. I'll try google support and see if we can clear this up.
Thanks again!