My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to get 3rd party reviews to appear in business pane on right hand side of results screen?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I've created our latest website "The Faded Poppy" with WIX and am happy with the performance of the SEO.  However, I've seen something in Google search results for another local company I'd like to replicate if possible.

In the below image I've included the pane that appears on the right hand side of the Google search results when searching for a company by name with our company on the left and another company on the right:

2017-01-18_14-22-05.png

What I like about the contents of the other company's pane is that it includes reviews from a 3rd party site ("Beer Advisor") in addition to FaceBook.

Very few of our clients review us on Google but a good number of them review us on a 3rd party site (www.weddingwire.com).  Is there a way that I can get these WeddingWire reviews to appear in this pane alongside the Facebook ones in the same way as Basic City Brewery does has done with Beer Advisor?

Many thanks in advance and regards,

Jason.

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jason K
January 2017

Re: How to get 3rd party reviews to appear in business pane on right hand side of results screen?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason K

Firstly Google does not display all types of other sites, sometimes these other sites info is not in a structured format and they don't use the data.

With that out the way, lets assume they can and will use the 3rd party details.

1) Name should match

2) Address and other business info needs to match

Google needs to be able to understand its one and the same business.

The next thing is that Google may have not found that 3rd party site or the last time they visited the page it did not have any reviews on it.

What you can do to speed up Google finding it, is to post the page ( + link ) on your business page. Google will find it and assuming all above is okay, it will start displaying in the Knowledge Panel.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

How to get 3rd party reviews to appear in business pane on right hand side of results screen?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

Thank you very much for the detailed information.  I was about to close the topic with a response along the lines of "not possible, populated by Google algorithms" based on other responses I just found after I learned this portion of the results screen is known as the "Knowledge Panel" :)

With your response I will do as you say and add a link from our business page to to weddingwire.com and see if Google then recognizes the association and displays our rating in the Knowledge Panel.

I'm excited to see if this does the trick.

Thanks again,

Jason.

Re: How to get 3rd party reviews to appear in business pane on right hand side of results screen?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason K

It will work, as long as Google can understand the 3rd party site.

Online Ownership   Google .png

Posted on my business page the link to my Yell page.

Two weeks later it was appearing in the knowledge panel.

online ownership   Google Search.png

Once Google finds it the algos will do the rest.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That's very cool, thank you for sharing.  I'll try to post back with the results after a couple of weeks.

Jason.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

As promised, a status update approx 1 week on.  I did as you said and posted some items to our Google+ page and low & behold:

2017-01-25_11-45-52.png

I now have reviews being pulled in from a 3rd party site which is excellent.

However, it's not the 3rd party site I was hoping for.  The one I would like to show here has 33 reviews.  Does the Knowledge Pane support more than 2 of these "Reviews from the web" or would I need to remove the Google+ post that added the "Borrowed & Blue" one above such that a different one can appear?

Many thanks for continued support.

Regards,

Jason.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason K

No they won't display a second one from the same site.

Is it a duplicate page from Borrowed?

If so you will need to delete that duplicate with Borrowed and then repeat process for Google to find the other one.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper,

Sorry, no, I should have been clearer - the other site is weddingwire.com.

Thank you,

Jason.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Jason K

If you repeated the same process and it is not displaying then Google probably cannot extract the necessary information from the site, it could take longer for them to find or they do not trust the site.

Looking at the last cache of your page on site it was the 16th and based upon when we started this, it looks like Googlebot just missed you.

Will have to wait and see.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Jason, 

Were you able to link up your wedding wire reviews to the Reviews from the web? Can you kindly explain how this is done?  Thank you so much