My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to flag a review as inappropriate

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Google My Business Help says:

If you find a review that you think violates the review policies, you can use the Flag as inappropriate link next to a review. We will then check if the review violates any of our policies, and will take appropriate action.

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4596773?hl=en

I can not find this "Flag as inappropriate" link anywhere. Can anyone help?

Thank you!

2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zach B
December 2015

Re: How to flag a review as inappropriate

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually, I called the google support and found out how. For other people's future reference, in order to flag, you must go to google.com. Search for your business. When the preview comes up on the right of the google search, click the reviews button. When those reviews come up, only THEN are you able to flag a review.

You are not able to flag a review while actually looking at your google plus page or if you are in google maps. Which makes zero sense to me, but that's google plus. :/

So, again, you must not actually be IN google maps or in your google page in order to flag your reviews. You must go to google, search for your review, and click the 'reviews' button on the preview that comes up after you search for your business on google.

View solution in original post

KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hey Zach,

it's just kinda hidden. Very subtle UI so you just need to know where to go to find it.

But to flag a review just hover on the top line near or on the reviewers name and the review date (After the date or time when reviewer left the review for example 2 months ago To the right of that you'll see a very subtle light gray flag to report as inappropriate. Then when you hover on the flag it gets dark and says "Flag as Inappropriate".)

Hope this helps! Let us know for any further questions!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Alright so that DOES NOT exist at all. There is no flag or anything! Not even slightly hidden!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Alright so that DOES NOT exist at all. There is no flag or anything! Not even slightly hidden!

This isn't true @Piranha T

Please provide a link to your local business page with reviews and I am sure able providing you a screenshot showing the flagging option.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
okay Im not blind there isnt a single thing there.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Provide the page URL that Helmut suggested and we will show you.
Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 7
KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Piranha,

I go through your page. Piranha Tattoo & Piercing Shop is your Google page (My best guess).

Please check http://prntscr.com/9eb7qu where you can see  "Flag as inappropriate" text when i moved my cursor as i mentioned in earlier post.

Please let me know your feedback! 

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Hi, I'm not able to find the flag button anywhere. Yes, I'm signed in. Yes, I'm hovering by the name, as suggested. Here's the link. Again, I'm not able to get the flag button to appear at ALL. This is a really frustrating problem.

https://business.google.com/b/101891952724100553506/reviews/l/17032265638216012059?hl=en

[ Edited ]
KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 9
KT
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hey Jude,

The provided link is not working. Can you provide me your business name or actual Business Profile URL please.

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Zach B
December 2015

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 10
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Actually, I called the google support and found out how. For other people's future reference, in order to flag, you must go to google.com. Search for your business. When the preview comes up on the right of the google search, click the reviews button. When those reviews come up, only THEN are you able to flag a review.

You are not able to flag a review while actually looking at your google plus page or if you are in google maps. Which makes zero sense to me, but that's google plus. :/

So, again, you must not actually be IN google maps or in your google page in order to flag your reviews. You must go to google, search for your review, and click the 'reviews' button on the preview that comes up after you search for your business on google.