My Business
2K members online now
2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to find Google Map version of G+

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

We are trying to find whether our client's business has any existing verified GMB listings, in order to avoid creating duplicates.

We found a G+ page that looks verified:

https://plus.google.com/105670883261553946402

However, because we can't see the address / phone information, we can't tell if it's using old or current data and we also can't find this business in Google Maps. We can't find a CID number or anything to help us track it down.

It's possible the GMB listing was verified very recently and is still "Pending Review" or waiting to be indexed in Google Maps.

How can we find the Google Map version of that G+ listing ?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Link N
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

haha @Link N

I did it slightly more clever as you searched for it:

Searching for "Hall & Son Heating & Cooling near mendenhall ms" instead as you was searching for "Hall & Son Heating and Cooling Mendenhall, MS" only.

But opposite to you and as my handicap I had no clue the business is near Mendenhall before starting to investigate.

But thanks Google and googling for just "Hall & Son Heating and Cooling" I got some hints it could be a business near  Mendenhall, MS

Hacker unite!!!

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Link N

Google made the decision to divorce GoogleMyBusiness from G+ and vice versa.

Means we  can't say anymore for sure waht GMaps link would belong or tied to a certain G+ URL

If we know the G+ URL as its the case in your thread here we can't tell you to what GMaps URL  it belongs (Its as often after a "divorce" for a divorced pair)

one of both individuals keeps the secrets of the other one but mostly not both of each other

But on the  other hand knowing the GMaps URL we can confirm it belongs to a certain G+ URL.

This said

In your case I'm happy to confirm you  this verified SAB listing:

https://goo.gl/maps/2jNhGBu8cG72

belongs to this G+ page https://plus.google.com/105670883261553946402

At the moment the only other option to check for duplicates i'm aware of  is MapMaker.

This is in your case impossible as your listing is a SAB listing and as such not listed and shown in MapMaker at all.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your help Helmut :) Can you please walk me through the steps of how you were able to find the Google Map link for that page?

Since it's a SAB we could not find it through MapMaker as you said.

When we searched for "Hall & Son Heating and Cooling Mendenhall, MS" nothing came up in Google Maps. It does NOW when you do that same search, but before posting about our problem here that search didn't pull up any page in Google Maps.

Sometimes the only clue we have that a business has a verified GMB listing is when we find the G+ link.

That's why we need more info on how to find the Google Maps version of the page, as you were able to do here.

Thanks again!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Link N
February 2017

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

haha @Link N

I did it slightly more clever as you searched for it:

Searching for "Hall & Son Heating & Cooling near mendenhall ms" instead as you was searching for "Hall & Son Heating and Cooling Mendenhall, MS" only.

But opposite to you and as my handicap I had no clue the business is near Mendenhall before starting to investigate.

But thanks Google and googling for just "Hall & Son Heating and Cooling" I got some hints it could be a business near  Mendenhall, MS

Hacker unite!!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That makes sense. Thank you again! :)