My Business
3.6K members online now
3.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to escalate support issues for Google My Business (GMB)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I have an issue with Google Support in India and need to escalate my issue. Not sure who I can contact.

Problem started when I contacted Google to "unverify" our business listing while still keeping our YouTube and Google+ accounts intact. At first, the GMB support team said I would have to close the business. This was not acceptable as the business is open.  Google Support in India called me, and through Google Hangouts, they walked me through the process in which I could delete my business listing but still keep the YouTube and Google+ accounts active. The  Support worker assured me that everything was going to be ok. Sure enough, the next day I check YouTUbe and Google+ - both accounts are deleted. I have been waiting patiently for 48 hours for Google to fix this problem.  They said they were going to fix it in 3 hours and call me back. They didn't call back or fix it. I managed to get their phone number, still, they avoid answering my questions. All I want is a status and when approximately the situation will be fixed. 

How can I escalate this issue?  The Google support team in India appears to want to help but are slow and unresponsive.  

Karen

tel: 416-227-3700 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Curious - why are you trying to un-verify the business? 

If the business is still in operation, then transfer the listing to a responsible party. Or simply create a new account and transfer it to that one. In that way, you can disconnect the listing from your other properties.

Deletion of a listing is probably impossible to recover from.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, thanks for the reply.

Why un-verify? Our company (private) was recently spun off from another company (public). The two companies have very similar names and share the same address. I got both companies verified for GMB, however, when I did a search for any of the companies on Google, only the private company showed up. This was problematic for the other firm. Google wasn't able to resolve the issue after months of back and forth, so I wanted to "unverify" the private company.  

The GMB support worker didn't offer me the option of transferring info to a new account. I wish she did... Right now it's looking like all the info is gone. 

Karen

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

I understand. While possible, it isn't likely that simply getting the listing unverified would have solved your issue with search. In fact, simply having two listings at the same address with nearly the same info would make it nearly impossible to get both to appear. You would think that the more prominent listing gets displayed first, but when there's little to distinguish them, it feels like it is just a random pick on which listing 'wins'.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter