My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to edit business address in Google My Business when the admin has left the business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there, 

We've just moved address and the person who set up our My Business listing has left the agency. As such how do I edit this for myself? When I try log in under my own email address it says 

'Your domain may not be enabled to use Google+ or mobile access has been disabled. Please contact your domain administrator for further assistance.'

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Aisling

1 Expert replyverified_user

How to edit business address in Google My Business when the admin has left the business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Aisling Q, you can request ownership transfer. Here's the instructions - https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en 

Let me know if you have any questions after going through that process. Here to help!

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Colan, thanks for sharing that. Unfortunately when I click onto that link and go onto my business, the page then reloads under Google support help generic page and I keep going around in circles. Have also tried logging into incognito. 

With my current address I don't manage any other listings and the listing owner has had their email address disabled as they've left the company. Hope this helps give a bit more context? Any help would be amazing :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Did you follow this part:

Request access

You can contact the current listing owner through Google My Business to request access to own or manage the listing. 

Note: This process may take several weeks, and only the current listing owner can add you as a listing manager or transfer ownership of the listing to you. 

To request access from the current listing owner:

1. Navigate to Google My Business
  2. Sign in to Google with the account you use to manage your business. 
  3. Enter the name or address of your business, then select it from the search results.
    1. You may see a dialog showing part of the email address that verified the listing. If you manage this email address, sign in to that account to access your business listing. 
  4. Fill out the form. The current listing owner may need to contact you for more info, so you won’t be able to submit your request without sharing your contact details with them.
  5. Click Submit
  6. The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Check on the status of your request by clicking the link in your confirmation email. 
  7. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, click the link in your confirmation email and follow the instructions to request additional support.
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Yes thanks, was stopped one I got to Google My Business as it automatically then redirects me to this page: https://support.google.com/

If I go to sign in separately I get given the error message as mentioned: 'Your domain may not be enabled to use Google+ or mobile access has been disabled. Please contact your domain administrator for further assistance.'

Also I have no way of contacting the other owner as they don't work in the business any longer and their email address has been disabled.

Is there any other way to have me set up as the admin and have it changed? I don't have any Google My Business accounts of my own currently.

Thanks,

Aisling

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

You can try contacting GMB support.

Emailing G Support https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en&source=ts&rd=1
Facebook and Twitter Support http://www.facebook.com/googlemybusiness
http://twitter.com/googlemybiz

But it sounds like part of your problem is related to the admin settings on your work email account. Do you use Gsuite?(formerly Google Apps for work)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for that Colan.

Yes we do, should I go down the support for that first?

Thanks,

Aisling

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

I would check with the GSuite admin first to see if you can adjust the settings so you can use the instructions I provided earlier to get control of the listing. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Colan. I spoke to the support team on the link you sent me this morning and they couldn't see why (think it's a GSuite problem as you said), so we've set up the new address under my personal gmail account, and will have our old one deleted once we verify via pin.

Then we'll transfer ownership of the MyBusiness login to the GSuite address once we have that issue resolved with them about why we can't log in straight away.

Thanks for your help,

Aisling

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi Aisling,

I would suggest claiming the existing listing if you can and than updating the address once you verify it. Starting over with a brand new listing is worth avoiding if possible.