AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to display a business as 'Located in' another business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello,

Wondering if anyone knows how to submit a business to GMB as 'Located in' another buisness, as the screenshot below shows:

walmart photo center.png

Thanks,

Aaron

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: How to display a business as 'Located in' another business

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The easiest way is to contact Google directly:
https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

I've also heard it can be influenced with the right schema on the website as well, though if you only have one location it's a lot easier just to call. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

The easiest way is to contact Google directly:
https://support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

I've also heard it can be influenced with the right schema on the website as well, though if you only have one location it's a lot easier just to call. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks, James. Do you know of a way to submit it through the GMB dashboard, or is contacting Google support the best/only option? Our clients are primarily hotels, and we manage GMB for some of the restaurants, bars, and spas located inside several of our hotels.

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

I swear I saw something a few weeks ago on a better way to handle "location in" for businesses with a lot of locations, but I can't find it. I don't know much about the Google my Business Locations tool (their setup for importing, verifying, and editing multiple locations for businesses with 10+ store fronts) but maybe there's an option there? I think you'll have to wait until someone who knows more about that site of things weighs in here. I do know that Google will automatically grab that information when it has it in a way it can trust (which is why I think getting the site tagged properly with JSON-LD will help) but going though that work isn't necessarily going to guarantee that Google picks it all up and shows that tag for all the locations you're trying to get it showing for. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Aaron, Did you ever have any luck with this? Wondering if there's a quicker way to get this option added to the dashboard than contacting Google support. Thanks!

How to display a business as 'Located in' another business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 6
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hey Jennifer,

Unfortunately, I haven't found a quicker/easier way yet. I've had a couple clients' addresses get recognized as "inside" without taking action, but for most, a call to GMB support is still needed.