My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to disable the "You are now using Google+ .. " nag?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I am trying to use Google Business to create pages and promote my business, but the perpetual nag at the top of the screen is driving me crazy. It says:

"You are now using Google+ as the "Business Name* page."

It provides a button to close it on each page, but it keeps coming back every time I visit a new page. How do I disable this nag/message/whatever permanently so that it never is displayed again?

Using Chrome browser btw.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
January 2016

Re: How to disable the "You are now using Google+ .. " nag?

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for writing! This alert is in place so that you know you are managing your business page as opposed to using your personal page. This functionality is built in just as a reminder. Here is a page on how to adjust notifications, however, this looks to be more overall page notifications, not the "you are managing your business page" notifications.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
Liz

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
January 2016

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi Jeff,

Thanks for writing! This alert is in place so that you know you are managing your business page as opposed to using your personal page. This functionality is built in just as a reminder. Here is a page on how to adjust notifications, however, this looks to be more overall page notifications, not the "you are managing your business page" notifications.

Let me know if you have any additional questions!

Best,
Liz

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thanks for the reply, it's the nicest way anyone could say that it's not possible to disable the notification.

Really frustrating that millions of people have to endlessly click to disable the notification over and over and over again. Seems like a huge waste of time, energy, resources, etc. Google could easily update the code to "remember" the user's preference on the first click.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I agree, it is so annoying to have to click this popup over and over again. I haven't seen this kind of repetitive interface design before.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
and over and over and over and over.....how did they decide that clicking the X was a better decision than a simple 10 second alert that just goes away on it's own. For all the smart people...there is a serious lack of common sense at Google.