My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to delete the wrong Google+ business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name: Elva Baltic, Ltd.
2. Current business address: www.elvabaltic.lv
3. Current telephone number: +371 20286815
4. Google+ URL: https://plus.google.com/113205239590994765024 

Hi,
What should I do if my business have 2 Google+ business pages, but just one of them is the real one (new version) and I can not delete another (old version), because previous marketing manager didn't change an administrator and left (unfortunately cannot contact previous manager). Is it possible to remove this old version (duplicate)? Thank you in advance.

Old/inactive version: https://plus.google.com/104297632330831107211 (this one shouldn't be visible).

Thank you in advance,

Jelena
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Re: How to delete the wrong Google+ business page

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jelena R There isn't an official process to get rid of brand pages (which is what the inactive version is). The only way to delete them is to have access to the account that they live in. 

On the bright side, that type of page does not negatively impact the current local page that you manage. I wouldn't stress about the old page. 

Colan Nielsen, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Twitter
VP, Local Search at Sterling Sky

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ryan K (Community Manager)
March 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Jelena R There isn't an official process to get rid of brand pages (which is what the inactive version is). The only way to delete them is to have access to the account that they live in. 

On the bright side, that type of page does not negatively impact the current local page that you manage. I wouldn't stress about the old page. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan,

I've got an acess to the old/inactive G+ account. Now I want to to merge them (active + inactive).
I watched a few tutorial videos, but in the google.com/takeout tool can not find "Google+ circles transfer tool" so I can migrate 1 profile to another.
Google support says: Circle transfers aren't available anymore. We're sorry for the inconvenience.

So does it mean I would never be able to merge them?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
If it was me, I would just delete the brand/inactive page. It only has 4 followers and nobody really sees the G+ posts these days anyway.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Colan,

I have the same problem and I worry that having several google plus pages confuses people or seo companies as I receive alot of phone calls about different information for my corporation. My company is Pool Heaven and I have 2 or 3 pages on google plus set up by previous seo companies. We now handle it in house and set up our own that we manage. Is there anyway I can delete all inactive google plus pages for my corporation? Thank you !

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Mark

Can you please start your own thread with your full business details and the Google+ URLs of all your pages if you have them.

This allows us to keep the forum organised and gives you the attention you need.

This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog