My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to delete/remove duplicate GMB pages ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I currently have 3 GMB pages. One has all of our company reviews and is the one I'd like to keep. The other 2 pages are for the doctors working at the same practice. I'd like to remove/delete those 2 other pages as they seem to be interfering with the main page showing up in google searches. 

When I drill down into each page there is no place to delete or remove the page. The only option I see is "mark as permanently closed" which I don't think is a wise choice for my situation.

Any help is appreciated.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to delete/remove duplicate GMB pages ?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Sonny E

I believe should making two general remarks at first:

1# Google doesn't allow removing legit listings - not even if they are closed or not anymore running.

Listings can reported as closed only in case the according business stoped providing its service at rhe location.

2# their guidelines incude the ability to have and create a listing for the practice and for each of the practitioner 

Means:

a practice of three doctors can have alltogether four listings - they are all legit and in compliance with their rules.

And having all this said:

As this is in compliance with their rules I  believe you are mistaken that the doctors listings "seem to be interfering with the main page showing up in google searches"

Re: How to delete/remove duplicate GMB pages ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut,
Since my last post I was able to resolve the "duplicate address" warning on my GMB page. I assigned a store # to myself and then warnings disappeared on the 2 listings w/ the duplicate warning. The status of all 3 GMB pages (one of Judy Nguyen DDS, one for Sonny Eslampour DDS, and one for Platinum Dental, Inc., which is my main GMB page) shows the little blue house (published status).
However, when I do a search for "san marcos dentist", my main GMB page w/ all of our reviews doesn't come up. Instead I see the listing for Sonny Eslampour DDS. This is fine except that we have all of our reviews on the main GMB page. How can I have my main GMB page show up all the time?
Thanks for your help.