My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to claim/request a business listing with an existing brand account?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I like to change our business listing leuker.nl (our phone number is incorrect), but no idea how :(

If I google "phone number leuker.nl" the business listing is shown on the right side of google search.

I tried to claim it by searching it's location in "https://business.google.com" and then Google shows a Dialog that will create a Google+ and Brand account and want's to verify it. 

I can't remember how this listing was created (probably by us in the company years ago). But Google isn't showing my a Dialog indicating it's already claimed by another email (as explained in an article in this forum). I don't know exactly how this happened in the past.

Anyway: I don't want a new brand account, as I already have one that is managing our youtube, Google+ and foto's account.

So how can I link the business listing to an existing brand account? (I can't any way how to do this :(

Or maybe how to find out the brand account currently associated to the business listing so I might find out who has permission to it ?

Or how to solve this issue such that I can finally change the business listing info ?

It's driving my crazy, hope you have some idea's.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

what should the corrected phone number look like?

And the business is called officially "Moeilijker BV" rather then "leuker.nl"

I couldn't find any actual phone listed at https://www.leuker.nl/contact

If it would be listed  I would likely able to change it.

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

> what should the corrected phone number look like?

For now I want to remove it till we have a correct phone nr (the one listed is a mobile phone).

> And the business is called officially "Moeilijker BV" rather

> then "leuker.nl"

Correct, Moeilijker is the official company name and leuker.nl is the tradename. The tradename is used everywhere except in official (tax/lawer) papers.

> I couldn't find any actual phone listed at https://www.leuker.nl/contact

That is correct as I want to remove it for now (we are busy with a new contact page btw).

If it would be listed  I would likely able to change it.

> If it would be listed  I would likely able to change it.

Me too, that's why I am looking how to do this and using the same brand account.

I hope somebody knows how to solve this issue.

- Ed

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

ok @Ed B

I thought you would better understand my "offer"

Since the actual  listing is unverified you shouold understand few facts

1#  Google isn't showing you a dialog indicating it's already claimed by another email - as it isn not claimed yet - its so easy!

2# I can edit it (very likely you can't)

More (bad???)  news for you:

It's irrelevant that you have a G+ page with YT  since you "can't link the unverified business listing to an existing brand account" 

Can't do this at all - neither linking the unverifed listing nor the verifed listing after you would try to claim it.

Its just a consequence of Googles "divorce" of GoogleMyBusiness and G+ announced here in the forum about three weeks ago 

Read about this "divorce"  thread in our forum

Last but not least:

My offer to change the phone number in the unverified listing still stands.