My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to claim online business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm looking to claim my business, logo, and information on google search. I'm a registered LLC but I'm based out of my house and would not like to have my personal information linked to my company's google search. I would like to have the address or pin dropped in Pittsburgh (my demographic). I saw another company that had this but I wasn't sure how I can claim it without an address. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to claim online business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hello @Zachary D

Are you aware the fact about online businesses not eligible for GoogleMyBusinesses (local)?

Please check out their Guidelines for representing your business on Google

You need to make in-person contact  to your customers.

In case oyu have such  in-person contact in a restricted Service Area around your home, check out 

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler Thank you for the reply. I didn't see anything about that on the guidelines, I'll give it another read. I'm in the clothing/screen printing industry where I do have products and customers, but the heart of my operation is sold online and the company address is registered with my home address.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
the linked guidelines require you have in-person conact to your customers - excluding this way any kind of pure online businesses.

How to claim online business

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I work from home and Service my local area. I am following the instructions on the link you provided. Am I able to hide my home address once registered? 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@tim s

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need. 
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will close now this very old thhread for new replies