My Business
4.4K members online now
4.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to change the links on the search results of my business on google?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

The full name of my business in Shophauk. I have an Ecommerce site called www.shophauk.com 

I have verified my business through the code arrived via speedpost to my business location.

My current number is +91 9987815848.

My query is, how I can change the links inside the search results on google.com or google.in?

I have marked with the red box inside the image attached below. I want to add my custom links to different menu pages instead of the products. Please guide me. Thank you.

Raj Kedari

gooogle search result of shophauk.png

Re: How to change the links on the search results of my business on google?

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

Rak K,

Those links in your image are called Google Site Links. These are algorithm produced by Google and only show up if you are in the #1 or sometimes #2 spot of the google search query.

You can attempt however through Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console, degrade or request Google to not Use specific site links.

More on the Topic of sitelinks:

Those links are called Sitelinks.  The are automatically created by Google based on popular pages on the site.  You can however Block certain URL's from becoming sitelinks. That is controlled in the Google Webmaster Tools / Search Console for the site.

You need to claim and verify the site through Google Webmaster Tools.

Google Webmaster tools / Search Console general help files

About Sitelinks

Demote a sitelink URL:

1. On the Search Console Home page, click the site you want.
  2. Under Search Appearance, click Sitelinks.
  3. In the For this search result box, complete the URL for which you don't want a specific sitelink URL to appear. (How to find the right URL.)
  4. In the Demote this sitelink URL box, complete the URL of the sitelink you want to demote.

Once you've demoted or undemoted a sitelink, it can take some time for search results to reflect your changes.

You can demote up to 100 URLs, and demotions are effective for 90 days from your most recent visit to the Sitelinks page in Search Console.

Re: How to change the links on the search results of my business on google?

Badged Google Partner
# 3
Badged Google Partner

Google has just updated their stance on sitelinks and demotion of site links ( 10-13-2016)

https://plus.google.com/+GoogleWebmasters/posts/b4WcMeLgbAL

Google Webmasters

Shared publicly  -  5:26 AM

After some discussion & analysis, we've decided to remove the "Demote Sitelinks" setting in Search Console.

Sitelinks are the links shown below search results on some queries, to help users navigate your website. Over the years, our algorithms have gotten much better at finding, creating, and showing relevant sitelinks, and so we feel it's time to simplify things.

We only show sitelinks for results when we think they'll be useful to the user. If the structure of your site doesn't allow our algorithms to find good sitelinks, or we don't think that the sitelinks for your site are relevant for the user's query, we won't show them. This process is completely automated. Sitelinks have evolved into being based on traditional web ranking, so the way to influence them is the same as other web pages.

Best practices to improve the quality of your sitelinks include:

# Provide a clear structure for your website, using relevant internal links and anchor text that's informative, compact, and avoids repetition.

# Allow Google to crawl and index important pages within your site. Use Fetch and Render [1] to check that they can be rendered properly.

# If you need to remove a page from search completely, use a "noindex" robots meta tag [2] on that page.

Should you run across undesired sitelinks for your site with common queries, feel free to drop by the webmaster help forums [3] to get advice from other webmasters, and to let us know about it. We appreciate all feedback on our search results, and use it to help further improve our algorithms over time!

[1] Fetch & render:https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/6066468
[2] Noindex:https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/93710
[3] Webmaster forum:https://support.google.com/webmasters/go/community