My Business
5.8K members online now
5.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to change the display picture in Google maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

From a desktop computer If you Google our business Euro-Wall Systems our Google Business profile comes up just fine in the right hand sidebar. HOWEVER, if you notice when you click on See Photos the 3rd photo down in an auto-generated of our office location based off of our address...however it is a picture of a dumpster. For obvious reasons this looks poorly on our company - is there a way to change the thumbnail that is generated for our address location under our Photos?? Use the link below to see what I am referring to - if you click on the image of the dumpster then you can drag and move around the streetview - our office is across the street form the dumpster

https://www.google.com/maps/uv?hl=en&pb=!1s0x88dca8911d133bc3%3A0x28eda3611ba213b8!2m22!2m2!1i80!2i8...

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to change the display picture in Google maps

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Levi S

So the street view is linked to the location of the PIN marker.

Try moving it slightly to the left and closer to the front of the building, that may change the angle of the street view.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I did not know you could adjust the PIN marker - THANK YOU TIM! I did like you said and now I am just waiting on Google to approve the change I made. It says it could take up to 3 days, but I believe we can mark this as case closed!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK - I moved the pin and waited 48 hours for propagation and the map updated. That is the good news. The bad news is the map thumbnail is facing the wrong direction? Our building is directly across the street from the location it shows. That was the case when it was showing the dumpster as well. So I know I can move the pin, but can I rotate it 180°?

Re: How to change the display picture in Google maps

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Levi S

I don't know if thats possible, but you can report a problem on the image.

screenshot-www.google.co.uk-2017-08-03-20-24-04.png

It does take a long time for these reports to be looked at, but at least its not a dumpster.

The other thought is to download the Street View app onto your phone and take a great street view selection of the correct side of the road.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.android.street

This wont replace the current image, but it will add another street view selection for users to look at.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

I have submitted a red pin edit and placed it at your car park entrance.

If the Street view car goes down there you should be able to get a reasonable view.

If not you need to move it to the lot entrance off the main highway.

The pin needs to be placed so that driving directions get you to the right entrance off the main road.

If its not near enough to your building you need signage at the right place.

Try to navigate to your business in Maps.