My Business
4.7K members online now
4.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to change search area radius

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hallo!

I have a new business listed, and it used to be when you listed a business you would either say '10 mile radius' or add a list of postcodes of the areas you serve. Then once verified you could go into the profile and change that radius or add or minus postcodes.

The whole back end editing area seems to have changed recently and I can't see where to do this now, if someone could please help me out that would be great.

And if there's any links to articles on all the changes I would appreciate that too!

Thanks

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Rosie R
July

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Rosie R

if you go into your business listing, then info, near the top is a section with your address and service area which you can edit.  Here you can then put if customers come to your location or you go to their location specifying the radius you cover. Hope that helps! Tracey 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Awesome thanks @Tracey F didn't think to look under address!

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

@Rosie R depending on what your business is/does depends on how you list it.  If your address is a home address and you go out to clients make sure you untick the serving customers at this address.  You then specify a radius around your address as a service area that you cover.  If it is a business address with obvious signs / storefront then leave it serving clients at the address.  If you browse through the forum you will read several stories of people who have had their listings suspended for this mistake and it can be a frustrating process sorting it out! Tracey

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Tracey F yep just gone through three new profiles checking that everything is correct including the box being unchecked! 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tracey I am trying to do this exact thing. I used my home address but I am an event planner and dont service people at my home. i would like to change this information and designate my service area. However, when I go to edit my address there isn't an option to select service area. Any suggestion on what else to change?

I tried removing my address but it won't accept empty fields.