My Business
5K members online now
5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to change primary business category since mine is not listed

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I am a medical reimbursement consultant and have been for 31 years.  There is no listing for medical business consultant or medical business advisor.   I am not a general business consultant (as I had to tell someone who saw my listing on Google today and called me).  How do I change it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Don S
October 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Don,

Unfortunately, Google doesn't have that specific of a category so the closest category related to your business would be "Business Management Consultant". If you type in "medical" and look through the options Google has, I'd recommend picking a couple that might relate to your business services.

Otherwise, I would look at other directories (such as Yelp, Facebook, YellowPages and others) to see if you can get those categories to something more specific or optimize your website for those keyterms.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Don S
October 2016

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Don,

Unfortunately, Google doesn't have that specific of a category so the closest category related to your business would be "Business Management Consultant". If you type in "medical" and look through the options Google has, I'd recommend picking a couple that might relate to your business services.

Otherwise, I would look at other directories (such as Yelp, Facebook, YellowPages and others) to see if you can get those categories to something more specific or optimize your website for those keyterms.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you.    I appreciate your help but I would have figured Google would want folks to be more specific rather than more general.  I learn something new all the time.  thanks.