My Business
2.6K members online now
2.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to change picture in Google maps and on SERP.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

So I think this has been asked already without a posted solution but I'm going to give it shot anyway as I am getting nowhere with Google support.  I would like to know how to change the pictures circled in red in Google Maps and on the Google SERP......

New-1.pngNew-2.png

Google support told me that whatever picture is designated as the 'profile' picture, is the picture that will appear.  As you can see below, this is not the case....

New-3.png

Is there any way to change this picture or am I out of luck?  Thanks in advance for any help!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

My understanding is the picture that shows up is based on what you select combined with other pictures that contributors also post. Then Google uses an algorithm to rank and order what picture will show up. The clearer the image and the one best overall shot of the facility is what will show up. There is an are certain views that they seem to look for based on what the company is about. The one thing you can do that would help is post as many High-Quality pictures as you can that tells the story of your property. Include a great shot of the main entrance and the check in area. If you need more details I do know of one or two links that can give you some clues. 

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for the reply.  Sure, I would love to see any additional links you have. I'm not sure the clarity/quality of the image makes a difference as the pic being used now is of poor quality.  

Rising Star
# 4
Rising Star

Over in the Google guides community, there is an article that alludes to some of the picture ranking factors that controls how they are displayed. I have found in the pictures I have posted all of this to be true. A second post is a review in general what Google is looking for in representing a business. Experiment with adding some and you can always remove the ones you post if you do not like the results. 

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks again for your suggestions.  I just can't believe we don't have the power to select the image that is displayed.  Very frustrating.