AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to change photo that is represnting my business? Screen shot attached

Community Manager
# 1
Community Manager

Hello,how can i change photo which represent my business on google business listing on maps.Attaching a screenshot

5 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: How to change photo that is represnting my business? Screen shot a

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

There are several types of photos you should add to your business page. The photo you mentioned is the First photo on Google -  We recommend the photo that you want your customers to see alongside your business name on Google Maps and Search. Google determines which photo will be shown first using a number of factors, like how well the photo represents the services or products the business offers. Pictures of food at a restaurant, for example, tend to rate well. Although your first photo preference is taken into account, there’s no guarantee that your preferred photo will be the first photo on Google.

To change your first photo preference, choose the three dash menu icon  and choose ProfileLogo, or Cover.

Learn more about the other types of photos here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Marissa_GMB (Community Manager)
November 2015

[ Edited ]
Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

There are several types of photos you should add to your business page. The photo you mentioned is the First photo on Google -  We recommend the photo that you want your customers to see alongside your business name on Google Maps and Search. Google determines which photo will be shown first using a number of factors, like how well the photo represents the services or products the business offers. Pictures of food at a restaurant, for example, tend to rate well. Although your first photo preference is taken into account, there’s no guarantee that your preferred photo will be the first photo on Google.

To change your first photo preference, choose the three dash menu icon  and choose ProfileLogo, or Cover.

Learn more about the other types of photos here.

____________________________________________________________________________________________
Marissa Nordahl, Community Manager, Google My Business
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Follow us on GMB on Social: Facebook | Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Marrissa,
I recommended my Profile pic to show on the Google Search but it is picking up a Product Photo to show instead. I would rather my Profile Pic as it is our company logo.
Is there any way I can change this?
TIA :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Pharrah U

As Marissa mentioned in her post "Although your first photo preference is taken into account, there’s no guarantee that your preferred photo will be the first photo on Google."

Unfortunately all you can do is request that a particular photo be used - it is up to Google to decide ultimately which one they wish to display. Without a link to your page I can't tell for certain, but one problem with your request is that Google doesn't like showing company logos in the search results - they prefer photos of people, activities, products etc. 

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I have had a lot of trouble changing the profile and logo photos for my business. It's really hit or miss. I have to sort of charge through it deleting photos and uploading new ones and then check to see what the Google Knowledge Graph likes and what it doesn't like. It seems to be working on some sort of image recognition software, but doesn't seem to prefer any type of photo over another (i.e. store, item, owner portrait, etc.) I have been able to get it to change the image (sometimes), but have not been able to figure out what rhyme or reason it is employing in its preferences.

Community Manager
# 6
Community Manager

Hi @Jesse W,

Please feel free to start a new thread with your question by clicking the pink + button at the bottom right corner of the most applicable board.

Thanks,
Liz

GMB Community Manager 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Marissa,

I am having a similar issue. My Business Page, isn't assigning my logo to the circle icon. In addition, it has locked the photo preference option on my background image. Please Help!

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hey @Ashley F

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

And don't address Marissa as she isn't anynore here on thsi forum aboard.

Re: How to change photo that is represnting my business? Screen shot attached

Community Manager
# 9
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

Thank you.