My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to change Wrong Google Knowledge Graph

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How to change the knowledge card since it's showing the wrong company when I type in anything related to our company stock.   Basically, our competitor is showing up when you only type in "vmw stock" or "vmware stock" and I need to figure out how to change this ASAP.  Unfortunately, my Google contact is not able to help since this is a non-paid related matter, however, I've already submitted legal complaints but they send me to this sight which is not helpful.   https://support.google.com/business/answer/2911778.

My hunch is either the competitor (Veeam) has figured out a loop hole to trick the system to show up when someone is typing in VMware stock.  Can someone help me get this issue fixed?!  

Noreen Terada

3401 Hillview Ave, Palto Alto, CA 

VMware.com 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to change Wrong Google Knowledge Graph

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1- I don't think that it is malicious. I think it more likely that the Google Knowledge Panel signals are confused. Interestingly a search for veeam software stock returns their Knowledge Panel but YOUR stock ticker. 

2- Have you filed a feedback report via the Feedback link at the bottom of the Knowledge Panel highlighting the error on that search?

3-If you have done so and it has been at least 2 weeks, we can TRY to elevate this through Google channels. That being said there is no guarantee that they will or even can fix it as it is likely based on some Google algorythmic  misunderstanding that comes via Wikipedia, schema or some such. 

4. As I look at the Wikipedia for Veeam I see this: Veeam Software is a privately held information technology company that develops backup, disaster recovery and virtualization management software for VMware and Hyper-V virtual environments. Wikipedia is a likely source for Google's algorithmic confusion as Google trusts and relies heavily on Wikipedia for this sort of information. You are mentioned 7 times on Veeam's wikipedia page as VMWare and the letters VM are mentioned an additional 6 times.  

5-If none of that works, if you contact me privately I would be glad to refer you to consultants that specialize in this sort of problem. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you for your guidance. best, noreen

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Mike,

I would love to be referred to a consultant who can help me with my knowledge graph. The more I try to add data to it, the less it cooperates. I now have a MAP attached to my name! I've tried every method I know for several months to send feedback to Goggle to get may deleted etc, but to no avail.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Best

Anna Simone Scott

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Start by sharing your business name and the Google URL 

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello Mike! I have a similar question about modifying the Google Knowledge Graph info card. I am a Canadian opera singer. I have an info card when you search my name that shows some of my available information online (from Wiki, Facebook, iTunes, etc). It does not link to my website or Youtube channel, even though I have claimed them both with Google. It also lists I am married to my ex husband, and I would like to update this.  From what I understand, if you establish you are the owner of an identity through linking your website, etc, you may then suggest custom adjustments to your KC content. I'm not sure what I am missing, but perhaps it is a problem with my website SEO. I have created my own website, using Wordpress, but I am not a very skilled coder, so it's not perfect. I have also tried for over a year to send feedback to Google, but to no avail.

Thank you so much for your help! 

www.wallisgiunta.com

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

The likely source for the issue is his Wikipedia page: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Brancy where it notes He is of Polish, German, English and Irish descent. He is married to the Canadian operatic mezzo-soprano Wallis Giunta

You need to edit that page to remove the reference to you. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you for your reply, Mike! Actually, that wiki mention of our marriage is very recent (September) and was added by another user as a result of the info coming up on both of our GKGs, I assume. We have been wrongly listed on google for much longer now (about a year), and I've not been able to find a way to fix that, even before it was on his wiki page. If it is removed from his wiki page, even now, I fear it will not likely change on google? The original mention of our marriage was on an imdb.com photo caption, which was removed long ago. Not sure what to do! Thank you for your input, though. Much appreciated :)