AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to ask to hide business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello, I just verified my business. Now I would like to hide the address according to what I was suggested here.

How can I hide the address? Should I just delete the address from here:addresssss.png

Or maybe there is some other way? Or maybe I have to select "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location"? 

Most of the business is done at the location (residential address), but sometimes on request it can be provided at the Customers' location. Not sure, please suggest.

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sergio L
February 2016

Re: How to ask to hide business address

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Sergio L

there is no such direct option.

But I offer you a workaround:

Using this form "you can contact me offline the forum through this form after reading it's disclaimer" you can explain me your (hopeful very good) reasons why a certain business page (this page should be provided as a link too) should be hidden from the public.

I promise not to publish  the given information - neither here in the forum nor elsewhere.

If there are good reasons for your request I will forward your info to out  Google Communcation manager of the forum  asking her for appropriate action.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I don't understand why asking to hide your address if your " business is done at the location (residential address)" How should your customers find you then if the business page does't show you adress? Please elaborate

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is a kind of business where only people that pass the requirements can come. Not everybody can receive this kind of service. Because of the kind of the business not everybody should know the residential address, because it can be dangerous if unqualified people know the residential address.

The goal is to show the customer more or less where the business is located. But only the people that send the request form, and are accepted, should know the precise address. In the other thread you showed a business that doesn't have the address published, but just the areas is shown, without a precise mark point.

Is that possible?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Maybe such intention is possible to realize. But it isn't realized with GMB

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Is it possible to explain to Google Business team privately (not here publicly) the kind of business and the concern why the address should be hidden?
How do you suggest me to proceed?

Participant ✭ ✭ ☆
# 6
Participant ✭ ✭ ☆

If you provide service to customers at their location as well, and if drop-ins from the general public are unwelcome, then you need to be marked as a service area business. Once you mark down 'we deliver goods and services to customers at their location', there will be an option that appears that lets you hide the address. It sounds like given your circumstances, it would be against Google's best practice guidelines to leave your address showing, so this is definitely what you should do. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Sergio L
February 2016

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

@Sergio L

there is no such direct option.

But I offer you a workaround:

Using this form "you can contact me offline the forum through this form after reading it's disclaimer" you can explain me your (hopeful very good) reasons why a certain business page (this page should be provided as a link too) should be hidden from the public.

I promise not to publish  the given information - neither here in the forum nor elsewhere.

If there are good reasons for your request I will forward your info to out  Google Communcation manager of the forum  asking her for appropriate action.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello, sorry for the late reply. I was out of town. In the meantime I received a reply from "The Google My Business Team", and they told me that in my case I can select the option to:
- mark option "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" and choose the service area
- ensure to unmark the option I also serve customers at my business address (screenshot in the attachment)

So the problem is now resolved, and thank you to offer me your help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi ,done all that but there is no box to click. Is there still a box in 2017?  thanks Wizzbang entertainers devon uk

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

@Roger D

Yes its still as described in here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038163?hl=en

And if there are any more questions please start a new thread.

Please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I also will block this very old thread for new replies now