My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to ask google to correct the blurb they've printed about my b&b as it's mostly incorrect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, I do b&b from my home. On google listings it incorrectly describes my b&b as an 'upscale country house hotel with meals'. It also reads as if someone with a serious attack of pompousness has written it, referring to 'luxe bedding' and other equally cringe worthy phrases, guaranteed to put off the type of guests I want to attract to my really lovely 5 star b&b. Anyone booking on the basis of the blurb is going to be disappointed. How do I  get them to correct their errors and write it in a down to earth way? thanks

it says to include the following: Thornton Lodge, Thornton Rust, DL8 3AP. 01969 663375 - don't know the google+url but my website is www.thorntonlodgenorthyorkshire.co.uk

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to ask google to correct the blurb they've printed about my b&b as it's mostly incorrect

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Thornton L

These are known as Editorial Summaries. 

Report Editorial Summaries

This is your business page URL ( you will need it to fill out form )

https://plus.google.com/104250194418430062410/about

If they require Map URL:

https://goo.gl/maps/KM4Pu6LHnLu

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

How to ask google to correct the blurb they've printed about my b&b as it's mostly incorrect?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

thank you so much!

Re: How to ask google to correct the blurb they've printed about my b&b as it's mostly incor

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Thornton L

I tried to report the editorial summary of "free breakfast" but support were being idiots and wanted your account details.

Please file it yourself:

https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_glance_summary

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tim,

so far my efforts to get this corrected have resulted in them advising they're going to remove me from google maps as my b&b doesn't have a reception and they say that violates googles terms of use as people must be able to walk into my premises to a reception desk to ask for an appointment! I have asked to speak to someone else but it looks like my email has now been dumped. Are they always this difficult to deal with? I don't know of any b&b that has a reception, it's one of the things that makes a b&b different from an hotel but they have said that unless I send them a photograph of a reception desk that can clearly be identified as being at Thornton Lodge, they'll delete me!

Re: How to ask google to correct the blurb they've printed about my b&b as it's mostly incor

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Thornton L

It looks like they have corrected the summary, please confirm.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

no ,I've just checked @

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Thornton+Lodge/@54.297333,-2.051299,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x2e...

and it still pins the house as an 'upscale country hotel with dining' and the narrative is still unchanged. This is the pin they have said they are going to delete because the person I was dealing with didn't seem to understand what a b&b is.  

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Thornton L

I am going to ask someone to take a look.