My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to add Products and Services to my Google place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello .

I would like to know how can I add Products and Services: to my google place account.

Thank you so much!

k1

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by ElizabethP (Community Manager)
November 2015

Re: How to add Products and Services to my Google place

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
G+ businesses (aka "google place") are intended to describe your business and its business categories.froyour customers.
Products and services you offer can get described in the description (="introduction") and you alos can publish them in your tab "posts"

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Google, as Helmut points out, provides no obvious way to indicate products and services within Google My Business.

They do however look around the web for that information (they are after all a scraping company)

It looks at
-Content and links on your home page (not necessarily the menus but the main content) to see the main things you say you do and provide
-Categories at other prominent Local directory sites that do include services
-Content at other prominent local directory sites that does indicate product and services
-Review content at Google and other prominent local sites i.e. if a review says that you do X or sell Y
-Links to your website indicating within the link or near it what you do
-Articles written about your business from around the web like newspaper articles highlighting those things you do.

If you can give google a complete view of your business by being sure that your information is accurate and detailed everywhere else besides Google My Business you will find that Google does actually know your products and services.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Mike,

When searching for our business on Google ( Servpro of Glenview ) the large image, map, hours and other information that shows up in the upper right corner of the results page includes a "Products and Services" menu item. The information listed there is a link to a page from some advertising company ( locu.com ) that has some information about our business. How do I change or remove that link?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
1- You can call GoDaddy and talk to customer service and ask them to remove it. (Or correct it)
2- You can call support and tell them its wrong.

I have had some success with the above but it was with a restaurant and I was able to provide an alternative page. Currently Google is limited in its ability to fix it because it comes out of search not local.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have a similar problem, under the heading Products and Services right under the hours of operation, when I look at any of the sections in edit mode it is nowhere to be seen!

products-services.JPG

Where is that located???

Thanks for any help!!

Oliver

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Ha, I just completely read the one above...same problem.

How to add Products and Services to my Google place

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When you log into Google My Business and under the Info tab, it's under the URL section.  You have your main url and than the product and services url.  The name is Menu URL