My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to add Chemical Industry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi all! I'm trying to add Chemical Industry on my business category but it shows "We didn't understand your category. Please select from the suggestions that appear when typing." Can anyone assist me on this as I believe that there is a way to do it because when I searched another chemical company they have chemical industry under their business category on their profile. 

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yun Lu K
April 2016

Re: How to add Chemical Industry

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Yun Lu K

Thanks

I now see what you meant and I also found samples of similar businesses in my own country.

All such businesses I meanwhile saw and showing the category "chemical industry" are unverified businesses .

This means Google gathered them from any third party websites.

And indeed there isn't actually any category available for companies not producing chemical stuff but selling or re-selling them (except just the one "Chemical plant"

Actually you are restricted on "Chemical plant" or - as an other more general alternative on  "Wholesaler"

Using  "Wholesaler" and then specifying the stuff you are trading as a "chemical trading company"  using "structured data" (start with schema.org)  on your website)

I consider personally  the fact "chemical plant" is the only choice of a  category for this kind of businesses as a lack in Googles default list of categories and will escalate this lack to our Community Manager for considering.

Sorry not can't do much more as to escalate this lack to Google.

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
can't you use the category "Chemical Plant"?

And can you please give samples of businesses showing "Chemical industry"
as their category.
Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Yun Lu K your last response seems being empty

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Ohh sorry somethings wrong with it. My company doesn't owns a plant it's a chemical trading company so I think chemical industry is a better option. image.pngAs you can see from the photo above the category is chemical industry

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Yun Lu K
April 2016

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Yun Lu K

Thanks

I now see what you meant and I also found samples of similar businesses in my own country.

All such businesses I meanwhile saw and showing the category "chemical industry" are unverified businesses .

This means Google gathered them from any third party websites.

And indeed there isn't actually any category available for companies not producing chemical stuff but selling or re-selling them (except just the one "Chemical plant"

Actually you are restricted on "Chemical plant" or - as an other more general alternative on  "Wholesaler"

Using  "Wholesaler" and then specifying the stuff you are trading as a "chemical trading company"  using "structured data" (start with schema.org)  on your website)

I consider personally  the fact "chemical plant" is the only choice of a  category for this kind of businesses as a lack in Googles default list of categories and will escalate this lack to our Community Manager for considering.

Sorry not can't do much more as to escalate this lack to Google.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I see, I thought those are verified business. Guess I have no other choice then. Anyway thank you so much for your help!

How to add Chemical Industry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My new chemical industry  contact number 7978197271