My Business
6.4K members online now
6.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to add ATM locations?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi guys,

I have 8 bank locations with ATMs on My Business. They are already verified businesses, but Google Maps could only show the branch locations as Bank category. How do I add ATM locations?

Thanks!

Edit: To clarify, all 8 branches are under "Bank" category. In Google Maps, I want to show users that we also have ATM machines located in our branches.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Stephanie C

I don't understand your problem as "ATM" is a valid catgory to use in any GoogleMyBusiness listing.

There is no need to select "bank" as a category.

Please elaborate your question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

@Helmut Geissler

I wanted users to look for our ATM locations, which are located inside our branches. For example, Chase Bank calls their ATM locations "Chase ATM". Under Chase ATM description, there's a link which says "Located in: Chase Bank". If you click it, Google Maps takes you from Chase ATM to Chase Bank, which tells the users that ATMs are located inside the branch. With that example, is there a way I can do that in Google My Business?

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Stephanie C
May

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Stephanie!

Technically, if there is an ATM as a feature inside of your bank location, this doesn't qualify for a separate listing on Google My Business & you should just add 'ATM' as an additional category. Most customers expect an ATM to be located at Bank branches. 

The Chase Bank listing you're referring to is created organically on Google by using Department Schema Markup on your location pages. This tells Google that there is an ATM as a department located within the bank (often times with separate hours and phone numbers). There is no way at this time to edit this through GMB. 

I hope this helps!!

Krystal