My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to add 2 business names at 1 location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have 2 business types under one address. We service cars and have a paint and body under one roof. (they are 2 different names)

Google maps will allow both names but only 1 description and 1 website.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to add 2 business names at 1 location

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Please provide business names, address and phone number for both

Do you have separate employees for both companies? Do you have separate entrances? Visual identity?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi dukat03

Do the two businesses have different phone numbers? It is highly likely that unless there are different phone numbers, different entrances and different hours that Google will see these two as different services of the one business rather than two businesses. And will then merge the two business pages together.

if you do have separate contact details and opening hours then you could look at setting up 2 different pages, each of which uses the same website.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello Priya, the numbers, hours and open/close times, entrance are the same.

I could change the hours but the number, and entrance will be the same.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
760 Recycle is the car repair and PaperClip is the body shop. the employs are the same for both sides but entrance is the same, only one door

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi dukat03

with the same phone and entrance you are going to struggle to convince Google they are separate businesses. I recommend just creating the one business page and then mentioning the services you provide there and on your website.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have something similar to this, we have an automotive repair shop in part of our building and a boss hoss motorcycle part, they have the same address, same front door (different bay doors for vehicle entrances), but different phone numbers and different websites, but I am unable to get it to not be duplicate with the automotive side of the listing. How can I get it under 2 different listings?