My Business
2.2K members online now
2.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Stop people from adding photos to my google business via the "upload to public".

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I want to  know if there is a way to stop people from uploading photos to represent my business. It is interesting because someone can upload their spacial or irrelevant photos to my google business. 

I found in other posts that I can remove the photos I upload but that I need to send a request to remove the ones that other people have added and that I found inappropriate.

Thanks

2 Expert replyverified_user

How to Stop people from adding photos to my google business via the "upload to public".

Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ✭

Yusuf- There is no way to prevent people from uploading photos to your business.  In theory they are photos of your business/services.  If you find the photos as irrelevant you can flag them, and they may be removed by Google, but it is not a for sure thing.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Nate,

Thanks for answer. I agree, but some users upload their personal photos to Google My Business Account on Map, weirdly. I think I should close upload photo option to prevent users upload their personal photos that are irrelevant to business, right?

Thanks,

Yusuf

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

If I can't control the content my google business listing, why would I want to have it?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

haha @Mark C

it's not "Your" listing.

Its GoogleMyBusiness listing of your bsuiness.

And they (Google) like to get Users adding reviews and photos as well as some other content as Google gathered from the web.

What Google shows regarding your bsuiness is only partially based on your input.

But you can't avoid getting other content attached or added.

This is the reality - just accept and live with the reality ;-)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

If I search for a landscape business on Google, and find a listing with pictures of kittens and food on it, I might be disinclined to spend any more time on that company. If you can't delete the photo content, this platform has a serious problem. It is presented as a kind of cross between yellow pages phone book and social media, but now my business is represented by bad pictures of strangers' faces. Not helpful. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same problem and complaint. Google does not seem to understand that people on the web are sometimes insane, evil, cruel, or stupid. I have 50 photos of some jerk on my page and absolutely no way to remove them. They're not offensive, they're ridiculous. I can't close the account or it will affect my search rankings. No wonder no one ever uses Google products unless absolutely necessary.

Re: How to Stop people from adding photos to my google business via the "upload to public&a

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Brian H,

Did you report them to Google following the procedure described in this help article?

https://support.google.com/business/answer/6130451

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 9
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Yes, but nothing happened. Some of the photos aren't even on our property.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Has there been any update to this? Any way to stop other people from accessing your own business profile?