My Business
5.9K members online now
5.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Remove "Place an Order" Button With 3rd Party?!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

To my horror, i've discovered my Google Business page riddled with "Place an order" Button redirecting potential customers to 3rd party online ordering portals Just Eat and Hungry House. I already have a successful website built which brings in alot of customers.

Now, without any input from me this button has appeared.

I would be okay with this if the middle men didnt cut a massive 20% on every order that comes through them. In the catering industry, 20% really is the profit margin and after spending money on my own infrastructure... its really upsetting to just see it taken away by some middle men. 

Furthermore, I have read my contract with both Just Eat and Hungry House and it says nothing about representing me online. So clear violation :(

I have contacted Google Business and they told me to chase it up with Just Eat... they have said 48 hours 2 weeks ago in removing their link. Nothing yet.

Please help me Google! I'm losing alot of money here and I didnt ask for it!

Thank you in advance,

Looking forward to any help.

Hoshyar

Darins Takeaway,

Edinburgh.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

1-Generally Google only uses links from companies that have a relationship with a provider so as support noted your first stop should be Just Eat and Hungry House and request that they be removed from Google's feed. 

2-I will escalate your situation with Google to see if they will remove this. I am not sure what they will do. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Mike, I feel like I'm being ping ponged from Google to Just Eat and vice versa. I had a healthy amount of customers ordering from my own website, as soon as this order button has appeared, its halved!"

I look forward to hearing from yourself/Google support what can be done to remove it

Yours sincerely

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Mike, Is there any news regarding this? I haven't heard anything and Just Eat is ignoring me completely it seems.

Can Google intervene?
Your sincerely,

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Google doesn't work on normal business time. The question has been elevated on high and we are awaiting a response. 

I think your conversation with Just Eat should be: I want the relationship but not the link at Google. If you can't do that, then I will need to terminate. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Dear Mike,

Thank you so much for your input, its really invaluable.
I have spoken to just eat again and they have said they are looking into it from their side and will give me an answer by the end of the week. Hopefully this will solve it.

But if i'm being completely honest, its just another wild goose chase, and I believe we need to sort it from this side. I will wait to hear back from either Just Eat or Google about this by end of week, hopefully it will be resolved.

Will update as I get anything, please do the same if you get wind of anything.
Yours sincerely 

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

We "think" Google is planning on opening up that field to business editing but we aren't sure. That would, if it ever happens, be the ideal solution. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi mike,

Yes that would be ideal. In the meantime, I seem to have got through to just eat. This is what they sent!

"Thank you for contacting us in regards to the order link on your google pin.
We have begun the process of removing this link from your pin,however the rest of the process will now sit with google .They assure us that they will work on the request as fast as they can,however this may take a little while to show.

Thank you for bringing this matter to our attention.

kind regards,
Online Profile Team
Just-Eat"

It's all with google now it seems!
Hoping to hear from google soon!

Your sincerely
Hoshir

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

I have heard from the Google community manager that it now should be resolved within the next 24 hours as well. Let us know if problems persist. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

How does a restaurant either control the "place an order button" or delete it (dame for the "menu" button. It is taking money directly out of our pockets.