3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Remove "Place an Order" Button With 3rd Party?!

Top Contributor
# 11
Top Contributor

By stopping using of the these services that Google contracts with. 

Re: How to Remove

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 12
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
No, that wouldn't accomplish the desired result (at all).

Why doesn't Google just take the Place An Order button away, or allow restaurants to comtrol it?

Buzz Media

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 13
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have had the same problems in removing the 3rd party link on the "Place Order" field. Is there any word on when we can control this field?

Top Contributor
# 14
Top Contributor

Once you end your relationship with these third party companies, support will then remove the link.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 15
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google doesn't "contract" with these services. What makes you think they do?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 16
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Why do you keep giving the same unhelpful answer? We don't want to end our relationship with them and if we did how would support know if we did? So how do I get support to remove these links since they are stealing money from us? We know that Google is implicit in this but no one seems to know why Google allows these 3rd party links...especially when restaurant owners don't want them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 17
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Know one seems to know why that button and the menu buuton are there, or why the listing owner can't change them

Top Contributor
# 18
Top Contributor

Google views ordering links as useful to the end user. Google DOES have arrangements with these firms to ingest the order links and as long as you a member of that group, Google will continue to ingest the link.

The links are there because Google thinks that users want them. And they have made the effort to gather them and include them.

Google, being Google, is currently unwilling to allow you not include the link in your Google brand result unless you no longer do business with that order company. 

I understand that you think that the answer is unhelpful. Unfortunately, it is the answer. 

Highlighted

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 19
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

That is sad since if Google paid attention to this very forum they’d see restaurants DON’T want these embedded links since they directly take money away from the business. I was told by someone at Google (via the customer service 800#) that Google DOESN’T have relationships with these 3rd parties; I was told that the listings (like Eat24, GrubHub, etc. ) are just crawled the internet. It would make sense that Google might be charging these places placement in MY listing, but not so much since the listing owner doesn’t want them.

For example, the “Menu” button used to be controllable by the business owner, so it could be changed if Google had businesses' best interest in mind. I’m assuming the department at Google that runs listing, and the one that runs this forum don’t talk to each other since if you saw how much businesses (restaurants specifically) hated these buttons, they’d remove them.

This scenario makes one feel this whole forum is useless, and almost a tease. The mere fact that you have a forum to discuss issues, then have people say they don’t want something (which Google could change in 5 minutes), and then have those issues completely ignored by Google is disgusting. At the very least Google should be smart enough to realize that the money these “Place an Order” listings are stealing from the restaurants could be spent by the restaurants to Google (for ads)...a much more efficient, effective use. They should either take them away, or allow them to be controlled by the business...Why wouldn’t they allow them to control it (makes no sense!).

Top Contributor
# 20
Top Contributor

I fully agree you and sympathize on the point that you absolutely should be able to control the menu link with the content that you think is most important. 

Google, despite the fact that they get money from the many businesses that uses Adwords, contends that what they do is best for the user and that the user is their primary concern. Not the business.  I also think that there is a certain amount of hypocrisy in that position but such is life in these days and times. 

The forums are useless if you think that a thread or ten threads here will change the direction of the "Queen Mary". This is a volunteer forum. Some volunteers can carry information back to Google but its impact is minimal. 

That being said, Google does pay attention to these sorts of complaints when they achieve a certain scale. Google is all about scale and I have seen that getting complaints at scale can in fact turn, sometimes, the ship. When I say scale I mean the forum, plus influential  blogs, plus online magazines plus the media.

As for me saying Google doesn't want something... I see my role here to help. In this case I thought that the best help would be the truth of the situation and not sugar coating it.

Google doesn't always make sense to you (or to me). Their logic is not the logic of a traditional business but the logic of a company that hit early success by listening to their computers rather than people. Only sometimes can the shouts of humans make it through in a meaningful way.

Experts in the Topic
Mike Blumenthal