My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Remove Google Business Listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm actually doing this for a project at work. Is there a way to remove a listing completely from Google or can you only mark it as permanently closed/remove it from account and make it so it is no longer verified?

Second, would I then have to go into MapMaker to remove the listing from Maps, or would I have to mark it as permanently closed?

Thanks.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: How to Remove Google Business Listing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jordan H

An owner of the business can delete the business page. In the case that the business is not a well known entity, it will probably be removed without trace. In the case that it is a well known entity, it will have the Permanently Closed label.

This is so users searching for the business will at least know it is closed, and not end up driving there to find its gone.

You can use the suggest an edit to mark as permanently closed if it remains in Maps after removing from account.

Same applies with MM, it may or may not be removed depending on the entity itself.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership