AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How to Remove Google Business Listing?

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi All,

Few months back, I have created two Google business listing (different locations) for my Business on a single Google account. Somehow, I have to remove one of them. After reading Google business listing removal process, I have deleted it from my Google Business Listing account. Now, technically I have only single Business Listing. After spending one month, it is observed that deleted Business Listing is still in Google search. I need to know How to remove it from Google Search? How to deindex from search engine?

Best Regards
Ali Ahmed

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ali A
January 2016

Re: How to Remove Google Business Listing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ali A

regarding your "After reading Google business listing removal process, I have deleted it from my Google Business Listing account":

I'm not sure what you read and where to remove a business from their data repository;

Its fact (like it or not) local businesses can't deleted.

Deleting a page from your dashboard just tells Google "I'm not anymore to consider as the page owner of the business"

Google will keep to show the business information.

The best option you have is reporting the business as permanently closed for the specific location.

Learn more about here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4578106?hl=en

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Ali A
January 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ali A

regarding your "After reading Google business listing removal process, I have deleted it from my Google Business Listing account":

I'm not sure what you read and where to remove a business from their data repository;

Deleting a page from your dashboard just tells Google "I'm not anymore to consider as the page owner of the business"

Google will keep to show the business information.

The best option you have is reporting the business as permanently closed for the specific location.

Learn more about here:

https://support.google.com/business/answer/4578106?hl=en

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks a lot for your valuable suggestions.

Little overview of our business, it is currently operating in both Pakistan and USA. I have removed Pakistan’s business listing for Google Maps. The reason being, if someone searches on Google Map, they will only find my USA Business Listing.

Back to your answer, our business still exists in Pakistan; I don’t want to show “Permanently Closed” tag on my Pakistani business listing. I just want to remove it permanently from Google Search. Whenever someone searches on Google, they will only find our USA business listing.

Secondly, I had used this Link for deleting my business listing page https://support.google.com/business/answer/4569146?hl=en ) for deleting local business from my Account.

Do you have any other suggestions for removing/deindexing my Pakistani business listing from Google Search?

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Ali A

as said earlier:

Means:

1# if you deleted your Pakistani page from your dashboard the only thing happening is: 

The business will still show up with almost all important details but as an unverified page (and its former URL as from your dashboard gets replaced by a new URL belonging to the unverified page)

2# there are  in fact no possible suggestions for removing/deindexing your Pakistani business listing from Google Search (adding: "or from showing on GMaps")

How to Remove Google Business Listing?

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Self Promotions:

This self-promotional post has been archived by a Moderator. Please note that our Community Posting Guidelines ask that you do not promote any products or services here in the forum, even if related.

Repeated spam posts may result in suspension from this community forum.