My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

How long does it take to get help in this forum?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I posted my first post 2 days ago and have yet to have any reply.  How long is a normal response time?It's regarding our Google Business listing and how clients are NOT able to find us in the right service areas so I am kind of anxious to get help sooner and not later.

I will re-post my original post here in hopes that I will get help ASAP.  Thank you!!!!

1. Full business name: Mr.Fixall
2. Current business address: I serve clients at their addresses (and I thought I had set up the account for service area not based off my personal address). 
3. Current telephone number : 613-724-1079
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Mr.Fixall/@45.3136879,-76.0116627,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4cd...
5. Website (if applicable)

When I do a google search for my business listing I am not showing up in my service area but rather in my personal home address area.  I serve clients in a specific area outside of my personal home location.  I thought I set up the account correctly by checking YES to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location".  I need my clients to find me when they type in my service in THEIR area (not my home town).  Google search example:  Handyman in Kanata.  I am only showing up when I type as a search  Handyman in Arnprior.   Please help.  Thank you! 

3 Expert replyverified_user

Google search is putting me in the wrong city

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

2. Current business address: I serve clients at their addresses (and I thought I had set up the account for service area not based off my personal address). 
3. Current telephone number : 613-724-1079
4. Google Maps URL: https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Mr.Fixall/@45.3136879,-76.0116627,11z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x4cd...
5. Website (if applicable)

When I do a google search for my business listing I am not showing up in my service area but rather in my personal home address area.  I serve clients in a specific area outside of my personal home location.  I thought I set up the account correctly by checking YES to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location".  I need my clients to find me when they type in my service in THEIR area (not my home town).  Google search example:  Handyman in Kanata.  I am only showing up when I type as a search  Handyman in Arnprior.   Please help.  Thank you! 

Re: How long does it take to get help in this forum?

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

your information are not sufficient to help you as you missed providing the minimum information:

Please include the following with your question:
1. Full business name
2. Current business address
3. Current telephone number
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link

Hint: your URL  #4 is not extracted from your GMB dashboard.

Supposed your business is already verified please provide the Links as in the edit  mode of your dashboard visible at the right side of the big blue square like you see them in my example under "Published on":

Screenshot 2017-04-20 at 22.57.01.png

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Helmut.  I am a totally newbie at this and I really appreciate your help.  Providing the photo is very helpful.

2. Current business address: 321 Albert St, Arnprior, ON, K72 2M8 (Canada)
3. Current telephone number:  613-724-1079
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link:

I still wasn't totally sure about this.  So here are 2 links.  The first is from the edit screen like the example you showed in your photo.

https://business.google.com/b/110383309563922034504/edit/l/14778842401883825907?pageId=1103833095639...

This second link came from when I clicked on the Google Maps link at the right of the big blue box you indicated in your first reply.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mr.Fixall/@45.313431,-76.1517598,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0...

Please let me know if I have provided the correct information.  If I have, then here is my query:

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you so much Helmut.  I am a totally newbie at this and I really appreciate your help.  Providing the photo is very helpful.

2. Current business address: 321 Albert St, Arnprior, ON, K72 2M8 (Canada)
3. Current telephone number:  613-724-1079
4. GoogleMaps Link or GoogleSearch link:

I still wasn't totally sure about this.  So here are 2 links.  The first is from the edit screen like the example you showed in your photo.

https://business.google.com/b/110383309563922034504/edit/l/14778842401883825907?pageId=1103833095639...

This second link came from when I clicked on the Google Maps link at the right of the big blue box you indicated in your first reply.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Mr.Fixall/@45.313431,-76.1517598,10z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0...

Please let me know if I have provided the correct information.  If I have, then here is my query:

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Gavin H

Your second GMaps link (extracted rigth of the "big blue box" in your dashboard shows the listing is live and running!

This are the good news for you.

An other matter can be how this listing is ranked on any kind of search.

But I even from my German end I get you pretty good ranked for this search query:

"handyman near Arnprior ON canada"  - see yourself:

Screenshot 2017-04-23 at 10.47.19.png

same good result  if searching this query within GMaps. 

I also get you on http://maps.google.ca for "Mr.Fixall"

Screenshot 2017-04-23 at 10.54.03.png

Means I can't understand yout complaint.

On my end all is ok with your listing and its top ranked as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you again Helmut.  My query is this.  I live in a town called Arnprior however I serve clients in a different service area.  Primarily in  neighbouring city called Kanata.  The service area is shown in pink correctly on my Google listing. The problem is that I am not showing up when the google search contains 'Kanata'. I show up as the top listing when 'Arnprior' is in the search, but not Kanata.  How can I appear in the KANATA Handyman listings since that is my service area?  I'm sorry I couldn't include a screen shot to demonstrate this.  Maybe this link will help? https://www.google.ca/webhp?sourceid=chrome-instant&rlz=1C1CHFX_enCA513CA513&ion=1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#s...

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Gavin H

Even for service-area businesses, the physical location of the business really dictates where it will be able to appear in map results. So businesses located in Kanata have a huge advantage over you for Kanata keywords, regardless of how you specify your service area.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

How to add screen captures or similar to posts: https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Basics-for-Business-Owners/How-to-add-screen-captures-or-s...
(or upload them to a public picture site - linking them to here)

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Yes what Tom said... service area settings don't affect ranking or ranking area at all. You will primarily have an opportunity to rank in the city you are located in (based on competition).